Deadline: December 8, 2021
Youth In Development Fellowship 2022
The Youth in Development Fellowship provides emerging civic leaders and social entrepreneurs with the skills and tools to lead social change initiatives effectively. Alumni of this program have gone ahead to create viable and highly impactful social ventures and lead programs that are transforming their communities’ social and economic landscapes.
YID Fellows engage in a transformative learning experience, where they hone their leadership skills and lead sustainable social change.
These young leaders have the unique opportunity to learn directly from social change leaders with exceptional track records and academics worldwide. Participants become a part of the Impact Toolbox formidable network of social change leaders. Fellows will enjoy complimentary access to online courses, exclusive mentorship and one-on-one coaching sessions, connection to peer collaborators from other parts of the world, the opportunity to pitch for some small amount of seed funding and exclusive networking opportunities with funders and investors.
The third cohort of the Youth in Development Boot Camp and Fellowship is open to young African leaders involved in community development and achieving socio-economic development across different African communities. We have designed our recruitment process to deliver value to everyone who applies.
- The YID fellowship application and selection process is designed to ensure that you derive substantial benefits just by going through the application process. When selected as a Fellow, you will have access to:
- Investment Pitch Lab to Position your Venture for Investments & Grant Funding.
- Mentorship Series and Peer collaboration with student entrepreneurs from top universities across North America.
- One-on-one coaching and interactions with top business experts and exceptional social entrepreneurs from across the world
- Critical peer feedbacks, support and collaborations through our growing networks of exceptional social entrepreneurs and program alumni
- Opportunity to apply for Impact Toolbox Prototype Fund & Connections to other funding opportunities.
- The YID Fellowship serves as a pipeline for other prestigious professional development and investment opportunities.
- Demonstrated interest in civic leadership and career in the social sector
- Have an idea or initiative for social change
- Be between the ages of 18-30 on or before the application deadline
- Be a citizen of an African country and must reside and work on the continent
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be available to complete all the weekly activities included in the six months duration of the fellowship.
- Submit your application on or before December 8, 2021
APPLICATION PROCESS & PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Stage One: Application Submission & Review: Applicants are invited to submit applications. Successful applicants will be selected to progress to the next step on merit based on their passion and demonstrated interest in civic leadership and social entrepreneurship.
- Stage Two: Social Entrepreneurship & Strategy Course: Applicants selected to progress to stage two will participate in strategic planning and social entrepreneurship course. During this course, you will develop and submit your theory of change, strategic plan and business model. You will receive a course completion certificate and invitation to progress to the third phase based on the quality of your submissions.
- Stage Three: 3-Day Venture Creation Boot Camp: We will invite applicants that progress to the third stage to attend a three-day boot camp hosted onsite or online by our local partners and community ambassadors. During the boot camp, you will learn about leadership, business planning, customer discovery and achieving product-market fit. After the boot camp, you will submit a venture business model and a sketch of your MVP. You will receive a certificate, and successful participants will become Fellows.
- Stage Four: Finalist Announcement & 6-Month Fellowship: YID Fellows will be announced, profiled on our websites and widely celebrated. We will invite them to participate in our intensive six-month fellowship, including training on grant writing, monitoring and evaluation, financial modelling, storytelling and marketing, positioning for investments, policy advocacy & political participation. Fellows will also enjoy all the highlighted fellowship benefits.
For more information visit the official webpage of Youth In Development Fellowship 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP