DEADLINE: 15 December 2021
STUDENT SUMMER RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME AT ETH ZURICH, SWITZERLAND (ETH SSRF) 2022
The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) programme offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
List of research areas
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
How to apply
- Please read the information below carefully and prepare all required documents before submitting your application online. Accordion. Press Tab to navigate to entries, then Enter to open or collapse content. Open all Close all
Also Read: Youth in development Fellowship 2022
You are eligible for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following conditions:
- You are enrolled in a study programme (bachelor or master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study programme (bachelor or master) is in the year following the fellowship or later
- You will have completed two years of study by start of the programme (master students naturally satisfy this condition)
- The duration of the fellowship is the full two months of July and August, during which time you must be present
- Due to the current COVID-19 safety measures, travel restrictions and quarantine rules, participants must provide a valid certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 with an approved vaccinecall_made or proof of recovery at the beginning of the programme
- Language requirements:
The programme is conducted exclusively in English. Although formal evidence of language proficiency is not required, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English and it may be assessed at an interview.Admission process:
Your application will be evaluated on the basis of the documents provided. The last step of the application process may include an interview conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
Preparing your application
- Please begin by exploring the faculty members in the participating hosting labs and their research topics.
- You will be asked in your application to indicate one or two preferred research areas. This will help the programme to coordinate optimal lab placements.
Remark: Please do not contact faculty members directly.
Please submit your application via siropcall_made.
You will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. Please use the Europass formatcall_made.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
Only complete applications with all the required documents submitted through the application tool sirop can be considered for admission.
Beginning of November – 15 December 2021 at 12 noon (Central European Time).
Communication of the admission decision:
Applicants will be notified by e-mail by February 2022.
Duration of the programme:
The program will take place from 1 July – 31 August 2022.
The amount provided covers housing- and living costs. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the programme.
For more Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF)
For more updates on other Opportunities Join us on our social media platforms