YALI Regional Leadership Center Dakar Online Cohort 16/17 Programme
Application is now open for the YALI Regional Leadership Center Dakar Online Cohort 16/17 Programme. The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is an initiative of Barack Obama, former President of the United States, which dates back to 2010. The objective is to support young African leaders in their efforts to stimulate growth and prosperity, strengthen the democratic governance and improving peace and security in the African continent.
Initially, it consisted of a series of high-level forums, including the Obama Forum with Young African Leaders in August 2010, the Pioneering Young African Women Forum in June 2011, and the Innovation and Partnership for Mentoring Young African Leaders of June 2012, in addition to the approximately two thousand (2000) youth activities that took place at US Embassies across the African continent.
The Regional Leadership Centers were created in Africa, to have more impact by training more leaders. The centers are based in Nairobi (Kenya), Pretoria (South Africa), Accra (Ghana) and Dakar (Senegal).
The YALI Regional Leadership Center Dakar(CRL) housed within the African Center for Higher Studies in Management (CESAG) offers two types of training in the following 3 areas: Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership and Public Management. It is :
- the hybrid training which takes place over 5 weeks with 2 weeks of online training followed by 3 weeks of face-to-face training in Dakar.
- distance training which takes place over 8 weeks entirely online and asynchronously.
The project targets young people between the ages of 18 and 35 with leadership potential. The following items are mandatory to be admitted to the application process:
- be able to read and write in French;
- be a citizen and resident of one of the following 25 countries: BENIN, BURKINA FASO, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAPE VERDE, CENTRAL AFRICA, COMOROS, IVORY COAST, DJIBOUTI, GABON, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ISLANDS MAURITIUS, MADAGASCAR, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGER, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO, REPUBLIC OF CONGO, SAO TOME ET PRINCIPE, SENEGAL, SEYCHELLES, CHAD and TOGO;
- have a valid passport or identity document;
- be willing to follow the 8 weeks of online courses and participate in distance learning activities;
- be willing to follow the 2 weeks of online courses, participate in the activities and travel to Dakar for a duration of 3 weeks for the hybrid training;
- have access to the internet and to an IT tool (computer or tablet) to follow the online training phases (both in hybrid training and in distance training);
- be willing to put the skills and training received in the field of leadership at the service of his country and / or his community after the program.
Depending on your profile or your project, you must choose a single area of training: Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic leadership or public management.