The United Nations ECA Fellowship 2023
ECA is the regional arm of the United Nations in Africa. Its mandate is to promote the economic and social development of Africa. ECA’s dual role as a regional arm of the UN, and a part of the regional institutional landscape in Africa, positions it well to make unique contributions to member States’ efforts to address their development challenges. ECA has five sub-regional offices plus African Institute for Economic Development and Planning, (IDEP) across the Continent through which it supports regional development priorities and agenda and African countries in the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063 of the African Union.
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or doctorate or their equivalents) in economics, development studies, political economy, international affairs, political and social sciences, peace and human security, public administration, law, minerals and natural resources, engineering, and related field is required.
- Experience: Academic research or academic work related to the focus thematic areas is required. Experience in research/analytical work in socio-economic and political development, natural resource management/law, regional integration, infrastructure development, governance, peace and related areas in the context of Africa, either in the academia, private, public or civil society organizations, is an advantage.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the fellowship advertised, fluency in either language is required and working knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Conditions of Fellowship
The following conditions will apply:
- The candidate applying for this fellowship programme must be 35 years of age or below, at the time of the application;
- The candidate must be a national of a member State of the Economic Commission for Africa;
- The candidate must have graduated before 1 October 2022 from either a master’s degree or doctorate degree programme, or equivalent;
- The candidate should have interest in one or more of the identified thematic areas;
- The selected candidate will work on a predefined project, designed to contribute to specific aspects of the work programme of the mentoring Division, Sub-Regional Office or ECA Centres, and contribute to other activities;
- The selected candidate should participate in national, regional or international meetings as assigned for exposure;
- The selected candidate should submit and present at a seminar a peer reviewed research paper at the end of the assignment; and
- The selected candidate will be part of an alumni association of ECA Fellows and member of practicing international development “community of practice
Email Address: RecruitmentPPost@un.org
Subject Line: ECA Fellowship for Young African Professionals, 2023.
- NITDA/Coursera Digital capacity building Scholarships
- Hanken GBSN Scholarships 2023 For Students from developing countries
- Government of Qatar Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- SAWISE ANGUS Scholarships for Sub Saharan African Female Students
- MRS OIL Nigeria PLC 2023 Scholarship Scheme for Young Nigerian Students
- World Press Photo Contest 2023 For Photographers