University of Rwanda Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022
Application is now open for the University of Rwanda and Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Rwanda (MCF-SP@UR) is calling for application to a comprehensive no-refundable scholarship for access to quality university education at the University of Rwanda to qualified academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young Rwandan people with leadership potential and other African coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa currently living in Rwanda as Certified Refugees.
- For the Academic year 2022 – 2023, 30 scholarships are available to students Admitted at UR in selected undergraduate programs (19 Scholarships are specifically reserved to refugees & 7 specifically reserved to Youth with disability).
- Priority shall be given to female students and students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs.
Eligibility Criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- Be Rwandan or a refugee/ displaced youth currently living in Rwanda.
- Be below 28 years at the time of application for the undergraduate programs.
- Be admitted into the selected programs at University of Rwanda in 1st year for academic year 2021-2022 (see full call for application)
- Have for secondary schools’ aggregate marks:
- At least 70 as aggregate mark for programs in Medicine and Pharmacy, and 67 as aggregate mark for other programs or equivalent, or
- At least 80% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from Teacher Training Centres (TTC), or
- At least 55% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from TVET schools
- Applicants with any other scholarship, once selected, must be willing to discontinue it to benefit from the MCF-SP @UR scholarship opportunity.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs or living with disability.
- The applicant must have proven records of leadership and community engagement(s).
Application Deadline for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
January 8th, 2023
Application Process for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- Download an empty form HERE and read what is required at each section
- Only students admitted to UR in eligible postgraduate programs to be supported by the MCF-SP@UR for the academic year 2022-2023 (see the call for application) are eligible to apply.
- Provide one duly signed and sealed proof/recommendation letter from a competent authority on:
a. Family status (partial or total orphanhood) and critical economic needs.
b. Leadership in any one important organ (school, business, community, association or any other engagement).
- In addition to the general application form, refugee applicants must complete the refugee declaration form (available on the application portal) and attach a refugee status certification.
- In addition to the general application form, Youth with Disability applicants must complete the disability declaration form (available on the application portal) and attach a disability certificate from a recognized association of people with disabilities (e.g: NCPD, NUDOR, MINEMA, RUB, RNUD, etc).
- Attach any other document that you think may support your application.
- Applicants must ensure that all sections are completed. Incomplete application will not be considered.
- Make sure that the form is fully completed, all required and necessary documents are duly attached, and that you clicked on SUBMIT to complete the online application.
For More Information: Visit the University of Rwanda Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022/2023
- NITDA/Coursera Digital capacity building Scholarships
- Hanken GBSN Scholarships 2023 For Students from developing countries
- Government of Qatar Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- SAWISE ANGUS Scholarships for Sub Saharan African Female Students
- MRS OIL Nigeria PLC 2023 Scholarship Scheme for Young Nigerian Students
- World Press Photo Contest 2023 For Photographers