ANSO-CAS-TWAS UNESCO Scholarship 2023
ANSO-CAS-TWAS UNESCO Scholarship came as an agreement between the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) for the advancement of science in developing countries.
- Eligible applicants should NOT hold Chinese citizenship;
- Eligible applicants must be nationals of eligible developing countries.
- Eligible applicants should be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For PhD program applicants: you should be born after 1st January 1988 (inclusive);
- Eligible applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Eligible applicants should NOT take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If the applicant is currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, s/he will NOT be eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship. Otherwise, s/he will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to the current university/institution
You are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
TWAS UNESCO Scholarship Duration and Benefits
- Tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend: 6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month (depending on whether the awardee has passed the qualification test arranged by the University), up to 48 months
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)
- One-time visa
Please take note:
- CAS will cover items 1 to 4 and TWAS/UNESCO will cover items 5 and 6.
- The reimbursement/allowance standards and procedure for item 5 and item 6 will comply with TWAS/UNESCO rules and regulations.
- Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
All awardees are required to finish centralized training in Chinese language, Chinese culture and all required credits as well as practical research and completion of degree thesis at colleges and schools of USTC/UCAS or CAS institutes.
Any PhD awardee who fails the qualification test or annual assessment will face the consequences including:
- Termination of his/her scholarship;
- Discontinuity of his/her doctoral study;
Being provided with a certificate of attendance for the period of study undertaken in China but not a formal doctoral degree.
- All the awardees are required to abide by Chinese laws and USTC/UCAS regulations and rules.
TWAS UNESCO Scholarship Application Deadline
February 26th 2023
TWAS UNESCO Scholarship Application Process
- NITDA/Coursera Digital capacity building Scholarships
- Hanken GBSN Scholarships 2023 For Students from developing countries
- Young Global Shapers Recoupling Awards 2023
- Government of Qatar Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- SAWISE ANGUS Scholarships for Sub Saharan African Female Students
- MRS OIL Nigeria PLC 2023 Scholarship Scheme for Young Nigerian Students
- World Press Photo Contest 2023 For Photographers