United Nations Research Institute for Social Development
Application is now open for the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development Media Contest. The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) Media Contest is launching the #CrisesofInequality Media Contest for the best journalistic materials to showcase the key themes of the Institute’s 2022 Flagship Report: Crises of Inequality: Shifting Power for a New Eco-Social Contract launched on 21 October 2022.
If you are a journalist working at the intersection of social and environmental justice and want to explore the role of elites and policy makers in driving or mitigating inequalities, the impacts of inequalities and crises on people’s lives, and individual and collective strategies to reclaim rights, submit your entry to participate.
The top three entries will be selected and awarded a prize as follows:
- 1st prize: USD 1,000
- 2nd prize: USD 750
- 3rd prize: USD 500
A special prize of USD 500 will be awarded to the best publication from a young (under the age of 30) reporter outside of the top three.
The contest is open to all press, radio and TV journalists and media actors working in any language. Eligible entries must:
- Pick a theme from the UNRISD’s 2022 Flagship Report and make a clear reference to it when writing your story. The full report as well as an overview of the publication are available here. Unofficial translations of the overview document can be made available in French and Spanish upon request to email@example.com
- Your entry must be preferably no longer than 1,500 words for print, 15 minutes for audio and 5 minutes for video
- Application are accepted in any language; however, you must include a written translation for all submissions not originally produced and published in English (submissions will not be judged on the quality of the translation).
- Publish your story in a media outlet (not self-published) between 21 October and 4 December 2022. You can also share it on social media using the hashtag #crisesofinequality.
Deadline for submission is on the 4th of December 2022; 23:59.
For More Information: Visit the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development Official Webpage
- CyberGirls Fellowship Programme 2023 for Female Africans (Fully funded)
- TechBridge Acceleration Program for African startups ($200,000 in investment)
- TechWomen Leadership Program 2023 in the USA | Fully Funded
- Call for application: Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program(Fully-funded)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP