LEAP Africa Social Innovators Fellowship Programme
Application is now open for the LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme 2022/2023. LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme is an accelerator fellowship that empowers young changemakers through a holistic approach of building their capacity, connections and credibility. It was borne out of the understanding of the challenges faced by most young social enterprises are faced with challenges such as early-stage funding, resource and connection deficit that hamper their growth and sustainability.
The Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme (SIP) fellowship exists to support the growth of these innovative youth-led social enterprises by
- Building their capacity through trainings, mentoring, advisory coaching support
- Connecting them to global networks and partnerships
- Showcasing their innovations through the Conference/Awards and media promotions
2022 LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme Conference: Reawaken, Redesign and Re-emerge: Africa Beyond Potential
As LEAP Africa reflects on 20 years of influence in the youth development space, it is imperative to rethink the future of leadership as we position ourselves as thought leaders within the youth ecosystem.
The theme for this year’s SIPA Conference Reawaken, Redesign and Re-emerge: Africa Beyond Potential will initiate conversations pertinent to a reimagined approach to leadership and innovation on the African continent.
All of the following eligibility criteria must be met by applicants in order to be accepted into the Social Innovators Programme.
- Citizenship/Residency: You must meet one of the criteria below: You are a citizen of an African nation OR
You are a permanent resident of an African nation.
- Geographic Focus: Your current and future enterprise is geographically located in a local community in an African nation.
- Leadership Experience: You have founded or co-founded a social venture(s) with at least one (1) year of impact
- Age: You will be between 18 – and 35-years-old on February 20th, 2023.
Language Proficiency: You are professionally proficient in English (spoken and written). applications must be completed in English
- Program Commitment: You can commit to fully participating in the entire duration of the program between February 20th and October 26, 2023, which may include an in-person site visits in late June or early July, and up to 12 hours of virtual learning per month.
- Applicants must be the founder or co-founder of a venture that has not previously participated in the LEAP Africa Social Innovators programme, and only one co-founder per enterprise may apply.
- Note: Participants should have no more than three absences in order to complete the program and graduate from the fellowship.
- Most Outstanding Fellows Award
- Innocent Chukwuma Social Entrepreneurship Award for Youth and Gender Empowerment in Southeastern Nigeria
- Mr. Seyi Bickersteth Prize for Financial Accountability
- Selected participants will not be paid a stipend/allowance but Travel expenses to the physical workshop will be reimbursed for all selected participants
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme 2022/2023
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship for young African students & recent graduates
- CyberGirls Fellowship Programme 2023 for Female Africans (Fully funded)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP