Call for application: Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition 2023 for Nigerian Students (₦200,000 prize)
The Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition 2023 is currently accepting applications. In honor of the late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the original project manager of the Asido Foundation, the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is held annually for undergraduates in higher institutions.
The top 15 competitors will be organized into cohorts in the normal way for the implementation of a 3-month JAME Project intervention across communities. The top three competitors will get cash prizes, and they will also lead the cohort groups formed by the top 15.
The theme for this edition is Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition Prizes
- 1st Place: ₦200,000
- 2nd Place: ₦150,000
- 3rd Place: ₦100,000
Winners will be announced on January 19, 2023 and the top 15 would be awarded a certificate and also enrolled as JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition Eligibility
- Open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Must be able to present evidence of studentship.
- Must sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition Application
Interested participants are encouraged to adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- Body of the email should contain: full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: email@example.com
For more information, visit JAME Competition.
Deadline: December 9, 2022