Application is now open for the 2022 IGI Graduate language fellowship. The IGI Graduate language fellowship provides support for critical language training necessary to fields of academic and professional development for UIUC graduate students. The Illinois Global Institute (IGI) fellowship offers academic year support (AY 2023-2024) to graduate students at the MA or PhD level.
As cultural and language training go hand in hand, fellows will be required to take one language course and one relevant area studies course each semester that they hold a fellowship. Additional requirements may be listed in awards letters. Academic advisors at each center will assist fellows in selecting the appropriate language and area studies courses.
- Successful applicants for the IGI Graduate language fellowship will receive a $20,000 stipend and a waiver of tuition and some fees.
- The IGI Graduate language fellowship supports study of eligible languages at all levels, from elementary to advanced. Preference will be given to applicants studying at the intermediate to advanced level.
- Applicants must be degree-seeking students in good academic standing enrolled in graduate programmes at the University of Illinois.
- Incoming graduate students are eligible to receive a fellowship if they are accepted for enrollment and matriculate for the 2023-2024 academic year or are already enrolled full-time at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
All applicants must submit to the relevant center the following:
- A cover page;
- A two-page and double-spaced personal statement explaining your rationale for studying a particular language, experience with the language (if any) and/or any other foreign languages, how the proposed language study fits in with your field of study and relates to the specific area studies you are apply to, as well as how the study of the language will advance your academic/professional goals;
- Unofficial transcripts;
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from your current advisor)
Applications are due by Friday, January 25, 2023. All materials, with the exceptions of letters of reference, should be bundled into a single PDF and uploaded here.
For more information, visit IGI Graduate Language Fellowship 2022
- Call for application: Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition 2023 for Nigerian Students (₦200,000 prize)
- University of Twente 2023 Scholarship For International Students (Fully Funded to Netherlands)
- Women In Africa and Deloitte Mentoring Programme 2022
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Masters Programme 2023 (Funded to the UK)
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP