In order to foster long-term economic development for Kenyan citizens through accessible housing, the Government of Kenya (GoK) has committed to implementing a number of ambitious social programs.
Using cutting-edge finance methods and technological advancements, the Affordable Housing Program (or “AHP”) will promote the construction of 250,000 affordable dwellings and the related infrastructure. Through the development of a strong project delivery and finance framework that will leverage private sector funding, the State Department for Housing and Urban Development (SDHUD) is promoting the implementation of the AHP.
SDHUD intends to establish a Panel of Experts in the following areas:
- Legal consultant and
- financial advisory consultants.
This will give a pool of consultants who are highly qualified, renowned, and experienced to help project delivery.
SDHUD is now inviting businesses, or groups representing businesses, to take part in the pre-qualification process for the panel of experts who will be hired on an as-needed basis for a 36-month term.
The following details indicating their competence and availability of knowledge are required from interested firms:
- Summary statement indicating core competence of the firm/association;
- List of similar assignments successfully completed in the last five (5) years including provision of relevant technical advice related services in their area of expertise on housing projects and development of human settlements (provide details of client, country, sector, estimated project cost, duration of services, and description of service rendered among others);
- Experience in providing advisory services related to housing projects and development of human settlements, preferably in Kenya or Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Names and contact details of at least three (3) clients in respect of similar project in the last five (5) years for reference checking purposes;
- Names and CVs of key experts; and
- Any other details which will enable the SDHUD to assess the relevant experience of the firm or association.
The Request for Pre-qualification of Proposals for Panel of Experts, along with all the related instructions for pre-qualification for each category of experts, are now available on the SDHUD website at http://www.housingandurban.go.ke/tenders/.
SDHUD may release updates, clarifications, modifications or amendments. Interested parties are advised to consult the SDHUD for any clarifications, inquiries and questions in writing via email.
Interested firms are advised to submit 1 original hard copy and soft copy in PDF format during opening of proposals for pre-qualification which is a replica of the original bid document to the tender box at
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY STATE DEPARTMENT FOR HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT 6TH FLOOR, ARDHI HOUSE 1st NGONG AVENUE, OFF NGONG ROAD P.0 Box 30119-00100, NAIROBI, KENYA Tel: +254-20-2713833 • Email:
no later than 12:00pm, Nairobi time, 28. November, 2022. Late submissions shall not be accepted. SDHUD reserves the right to shortlist or not shortlist any or all applicant(s), to annul the pre-qualification process, and to reject all submissions at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected firm/association.
Deadline: 28 NOVEMBER 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP