Call for Young Water Professionals – SDG 6 Youth Action (Funded to UN 2023 Water Conference in New York)
The International Water Association (IWA) and the Grundfos Youth Action for SDG6 Fellowship will bring together twelve Young Water Professionals (YWPs) from around the world to actively engage in the United Nations 2023 Water Conference in New York, USA. Following the conference, the selected YWPs will collaborate with Grundfos personnel and IWA to co-create a publication that explains the essential role that young people play in the implementation of the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goal Agenda. The book will concentrate on how the water sector may reap the greatest benefits from integrating young professionals in order to achieve sustainable development.
The applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age on the date of the UN 2023 Water Conference (22 to 24 March 2023);
- Be an active IWA member – membership status will be verified by the IWA Secretariat;
- Show evidence of commitment to delivering positive change in the water sector;
- Demonstrate leadership capacity;
- Be addressing key local and/or global issues in their current work;
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas in the water sector;
- Have a working knowledge of English.
The Fellowship will cover air travel, subsistence, lodging, ground transportation, travel insurance, and visa application fees. During the screening process, all relevant applicants will be given full details.
The IWA Secretariat will be in charge of reserving airline tickets, lodging, and travel insurance on behalf of the selected candidates. The chosen persons will be responsible for applying for their visas to the United States, the Schengen area, and Kigali in their respective countries.
The application period will be open until 25 November 2022. Applications will be accepted in English. Candidates must fill out this online form, send the necessary documents, and accept the terms of the selection process. It is recommended that the candidates provide as much detail as possible to support their application. Candidates must provide
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page);
- Letter of reference from an IWA member (maximum 1 letter);
- 1-page writing sample about the water topic that the candidate wants to contribute to the publication and cover during the UN Water Conference;
- 1-page project proposal about the candidates’ contribution to the publication.
All documents must be compiled and saved in a single pdf file. It is recommended that the candidates follow the order stated above.
The applications will be reviewed by the IWA Secretariat, who will perform a preliminary assessment. Following this, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel including a representative from Grundfos, the IWA Secretariat, and the IWA YWP Steering Committee. Interviews will run during the last week of November 2022 and the selected candidates will be notified by mid-December 2022.
- AGcessibility Scholarships 2023 for Students from low SES and First Nations
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Masters Programme 2023 (Funded to the UK)
To submit your application, click here.
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP