For the University of Cambridge’s 2023–2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, applications are now being accepted. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at Cambridge aims to give gifted students from economically disadvantaged and difficult-to-reach communities in Africa fully-funded opportunities to finish their Master’s training, develop as transformative leaders, and support climate resilience and sustainability in the continent.
Prospective Bank of America Foundation Since addressing the climate problem involves a spectrum of knowledge across both scientific/STEM disciplines and the arts, humanities, and social sciences, scholars can apply to the majority of courses offered at the university. Because a multidisciplinary approach to climate action and reaction is crucial, the Program teaches these scholars in a variety of academic areas, from the creative arts and writing to the social sciences to more scientific and technical disciplines.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Award
- This is a full-cost award available to Master’s students, covering tuition fees, maintenance and expenses (for e.g. travel, visa costs and the immigration health surcharge). An allowance for dependant children joining a student in Cambridge is available.
Eligibility for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme
- Applicant must be a citizen of an African country and demonstrate that they are from an economically marginalised, or economically disadvantaged, background.
- Must be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can show temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return or unless you have been displaced.
- Must be applying for a one-year Master’s course at the University of Cambridge.
- Prospective Scholars can apply across a wide range of disciplines.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Application
- Apply for admission to the University via the course directory by the funding deadline for your chosen course of study and indicate that you wish to apply for funding (the deadline will either be December 1, 2022 or January 5, 2023 – check the course directory for the relevant funding deadline.
- Applying for a Master’s course requires payment of a £50 fee before you can submit your application. However, the fee is automatically waived for many African countries – refer to the list in Section 3 – Overseas applicants. If you are from a country that does not automatically receive a fee waiver and the fee would present a financial barrier for you, you can apply for a manual waiver of this fee – complete the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Fee Waiver Form and return it, with the required evidence attached to email@example.com. You should complete this step before you submit your application through the Applicant Portal.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Application Deadlines:
- For applicants with a December 1, 2022 funding deadline, you need to submit your fee waiver form at least five working days before the course deadline (by November 25 2022);
- For applicants with a January 5, 2023 funding deadline, you need to submit your fee waiver form by December 19, 2022;
- For applicants applying for a reimbursement of their application fee, you need to have completed the form by January 5, 2023.
Anyone who wishes to apply for the Mastercard foundation needs to complete the separate Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme application form stating how you meet the eligibility criteria as soon as possible and by January 5, 2023 at the latest. You will need to have first submitted your course application via the Applicant Portal above to receive a unique ‘Application Number’ that you will need to enter on the scholarship application form.
Note that applicants will have to be made a conditional offer of admission from the University in order to be considered for a Scholarship.
For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation.
- Meta Elevate Coursera Scholarship 2022 for Black Learners
- Hamburg University Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- Goldman Sachs Student Possibility Programme 2023 for Undergraduate/Graduate Students
- Wageningen University Masters Scholarship Programme 2023/2024 for African Students
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP