The Miracle Corners of the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. The Young Leaders Fellowship Programme is a unique leadership opportunity available to all young people from all over the world between the ages of 18 and 26 who want to work on community projects related to economic security, health, and education.
Through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning, the one-year program equips young people to become change agents in their communities.
The Community Needs Assessment is the first step in the MCW Global Fellowship. For young people to better understand their local communities, a one-month community needs mapping. Young Leaders take part in a week-long intensive in-person training program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities after the community needs assessment. Following the in-person training program, participants spend ten months implementing their action plans in their communities with the help of alumni mentors. From July 11 to July 19, 2023, New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont, will serve as the locations for the Young Leaders Fellowship.
Cost of MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme
Cost covered by MCW
- International Economy Flights for international participants
- Domestic Economy flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 10 – July 20, 2023
- Three meals per day from July 11 – July 19, 2023
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
Cost not covered by MCW
- Passport Fees
- Visa Fees
- In-Country Costs (travel to the airport, extra baggage fees, etc.)
MCW requires all accepted participants to pay a $100 deposit fee by February 10, 2023. The deposit will be refunded to the participant in full on July 20, 2023, when they have successfully completed the in-person training programme of the Fellowship. The deposit is required to cover all costs MCW Global may incur should a participant cancel after March 1, 2023.
Eligibility for the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme
Young leaders must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (June 1, 2023);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (and be able to provide proof) or in case of an exemption from this requirement due to a medical reason, contact MCW Global Leadership directly for further steps;
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation.
MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme Application
The application must be filled out in English. Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
The application includes:
- General Information
- Essay Questions
- Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
- Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Your resume should not be more than 1 page. They suggest that it be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation
- Your letters should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Friends and family members are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
- Liability Waiver
- At the end of the application, review the terms and conditions.
- IREX Community Engagement Exchange Fellowship Program 2022/2023 (Fully Funded To US)
- Funding Opportunity: To Attend African Youth Initiative for Climate Change Conference in Egypt
- SDG Innovation Accelerator 2023 for Young Professionals
- Dalai Lama Fellowship 2023 for young social innovators (Fully Funded to the United States)
Deadline: November 18, 2022
For more information, visit MCW Young Leaders Fellowship.
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP