The Young Leaders Fellowship Program is a one-of-a-kind leadership opportunity open to all young people between 18 – 26 from all over the world who wish to address community projects in the areas of education, health, and economic security. The year-long program prepares young people to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
The program team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange.
MCW Global’s Fellowship begins with the Community Needs Assessment – A one-month community needs mapping that prepares young people, between the ages of 18-26, from around the world to understand their local communities better. After the community needs assessment, Young Leaders participate in a week-long intensive in-person training program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. After the in-person training program, participants return to their communities to spend ten months developing their action plans with virtual support from alumni mentors.
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (June 1, 2023);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (and be able to provide proof) or in case of an exemption from this requirement due to a medical reason, contact MCW Global Leadership directly for further steps;
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation;
- Submit a completed application on or beforeFriday, November 18, 2022, 11:59 PM (NYC EST time).
- ALX/Udacity Tech Scholarship 2022 for Young Africans
- WAAW Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 for Female African Students
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowship Programme 2023 for female graduate students (€40,000 /year for Tuition & living Expenses)
- October 14, 2022: Young Leaders Fellowship Application Opens;
- November 18, 2022: Young Leaders Fellowship Application Closes;
- December 8, 2022: First-round Decisions Sent Out; Shortlist Candidates Notified; Second-Round Application Opens;
- December 18, 2022: Second Round Application Closes;
- January 9 – 18, 2023: Interviews with Alumni;
- January 25, 2023: Acceptances Sent Out;
- February 1, 2023: Confirmation of Acceptances;
- February 10, 2023: Confirmation of Visa Interview Date and Deposit;
- June 1 – June 30, 2023: Community Needs Assessment;
- July 11 – July 20, 2023: In-Person Training Program – Young Leaders Fellowship in New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont;
- July 2023 – July 2024: The Entire Young Leaders Fellowship Duration.
November 18, 2022
The application must be filled out in English.
Letters of recommendation and resumes also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
For more information , please feel free to contact MCW at email@example.com
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP