The Nest Artist Residency 2023 application period is now open. The Nest Artist Residency is an 8-month organized program (November 2022 – June 2023) that aims to strengthen the relationship between local new generation artists and the larger creative community.
The residency’s purpose is founded in process, with a focus on taking risks, making mistakes, accepting failure as a step toward greatness, and exploring new forms of artistic expression that begin with the question “what do you need?”
This is an opportunity for directors, playwrights, poets, musicians, designers, divisors, and all types of creators to grow ideas into works that are bold, inventive, and ambitious. The Nest residency includes a public performance at the In the Soil Arts Festival 2023 to showcase the work-in-progress that each resident creates during an 8-month period. Individuals, duos, and collectives are encouraged to apply for the residency. They want to hear from you if you have an idea!
Nest Artist Residency Programme 2023 Benefits
- Professional development opportunities through one-on-one mentorship, arts-based workshops, monthly writing sessions and attendance at The Forum; a discussion series to inspire meaningful exchanges and harmonious debate.
- FREE use of The Green (Suitcase in Point’s studio space), to engage in a self-directed creation process of your choosing.
- Networking opportunities with industry professionals and other artists in the Nest.
- Technical expertise, production, marketing and administrative support from SIP staff, in service of your artistic project.
- Opportunity to share your work at In the Soil Arts Festival, presented by Suitcase in Point.
Nest Artist Residency Programme 2023 Eligibility
- Applicants must self-identify as an emerging artist aged 21+.
- Applicants must reside in the Niagara Region, unless they have accessible transportation (ie. A car or private jet) to the region.
- Applicants must be individual artists or collaborative duos/teams/small ensembles under the leadership of a single applicant.
- Only one application per artist or collective.
- Applicants may not apply as an individual AND be part of a simultaneous collective application.
- Applications may not apply as part of multiple collectives.
Nest Artist Residency Programme 2023 Application
For the application form, applicants must have a Google account to be able to upload files to the form. If you do not have or are unable to create a Google account, email email@example.com for an alternative method to share files with the organisers.
All applications must be received no later than the deadline of 11:59pm on Monday, October 24, 2022 to be eligible for consideration.
- WIN FUND Africa 2022 for Women-Led Organizations
- Watson Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022 for next-generation entrepreneurs & community leaders ($25,000 in seed funding)
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Programme 2023
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP GROUP OR WHATSAPP 2
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP
Leave a Reply