Watson Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022 for next-generation entrepreneurs & community leaders ($25,000 in seed funding)
The Western Union Foundation and Watson Institute are inviting applications for a fully funded Fellowship program for next-generation entrepreneurs and community leaders from and working with globally marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced groups.
This 16-week program is intended to provide these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the knowledge and experience they need to enhance access to economic opportunity, integrate into their communities, prosper in the changing nature of work, and impact their communities. Western Union Fellows will be able to receive startup financing.
This program includes both virtual and in-person components, allowing fellows to benefit from the global cohort while still focusing on making a local difference in their areas. In-Person Programming includes Fellow-Led Basecamps and a Fellow-Led Meetup. Virtual Programming includes Master Courses, Workshops, and Weekly Check Ins.
Watson Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022 Benefits
$25,000 in seed funding will be distributed among the Western Union Foundation Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the Fellowship.
Watson Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022 Eligibility
- The Western Union Foundation Fellowship is for next-generation high-promising entrepreneurs and community leaders who are from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
- Ideal applicants will join with relevant social impact and leadership experiences with proven experience of building community development projects within these communities.
- Fellows must be able to commit to be part of the 16-week program from January 17th to May 5th, 2023. There is a 2-week intensive (20-25 hours per week) followed by a 14-weeks of weekly programming (5-8 hours per week). Fellows will be given a stipend and spend an additional 80-100 hours implementing a 3-day intensive program called Basecamp.
- They are looking for applicants from the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Nigeria (They can accept Nigerians who are working with the highly marginalized, refugee, and immigrant populations.)
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Afghanistan and Afghan Refugees
Watson Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022 Application
- Complete the online application: The online application contains 5 short essay questions
- Your application will be reviewed: Applications will be reviewed within 2-weeks of submission. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. The final application deadline is November 15th.
- You will be invited to an interview: Applicants moving forward in the process will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview.
- Enrollment process: We will send out final admission decisions and enrollment agreement within 2-weeks of the interview.
Watson Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022 Application Deadline
Watson Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022 Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Commonwealth Foundation Grants Programme 2022 (worth $30,000)
- Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Programme 2023
- 2022 Sterling Apprenticeship Program for Young undergraduates and graduates