Application is now open for the WEHI International PhD Scholar Initiative Program. WEHI’s PhD students receive advanced, multidisciplinary medical research training through hands-on research within our leading scientific teams. The WEHI International PhD Scholar Program also aim to equip students with the broader knowledge and skills to advance their careers.
International students who have completed their degree or are in the final academic year of their current degree are eligible to apply for the International PhD Scholar Initiative.
Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens qualify as domestic students with University of Melbourne and are not eligible to apply for the International PhD Scholar Initiative. If your last degree of study was at an Australian university, you are also not eligible for the International PhD Scholar Initiative. Please see the scholarships options available for these students on the program Webpage.
- Margaret McNamara Educational Grants Scholarship 2023
- UNDP Graduate Programme: (UNDP is looking for candidates to join the 2023 Graduate Programme Pool)
- Airtel Young Leaders Programme 2022 Application is now Open!
Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic record, relevant experience, referees’ reports and a video conference interview.
The WEHI International PhD Scholarships provide a living allowance equivalent to the current Melbourne Research Scholarship rate. In addition, all PhD students receive WEHI’s $2000 per annum scholarship top-up plus a relocation allowance, health insurance coverage, and a university tuition fee offset.
Applications close on Friday 11 November 2022 (11:59pm)
Prospective international PhD students should investigate research projects with individual supervisors, attend the Virtual Student Open Days and be aware of the PhD application process for research opportunities at WEHI.
To apply for the International PhD Scholar Initiative in 2022, international applicants (not currently or most recently enrolled at an Australian university) will be required to:
- Check that you meet the entry requirements for PhD candidature at the University of Melbourne and confirm your eligibility for WEHI’s International PhD Program
- Investigate the student project opportunities, and contact supervisors to discuss projects of interest.
- Complete and submit an application form online. You will be asked to nominate up to three titles of research projects or WEHI supervisors for your application. Please note, this nomination list does not affect your application assessment. You are encouraged to directly contact supervisors to discuss projects, but any supervisor’s verbal agreement is informal at this stage.
- Email your application supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the same email account as you have listed on the application form.
Email Subject line: 2021 WEHI IPSI Application – YOURSURNAME
For more information: Visit WEHI International PhD Scholar Intiative Program Webpage for Details
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP