The Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with specific employment equality goals. Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will help the department meet its Employment Equity targets at these specific levels in accordance with the Department’s Employment Equity Plan, so White male/female, Colored male/female, Indian male/female, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications must include a new Z83 form, which can be obtained from any Public Service Department (or obtainable at www.gov.za). Applicants must complete the entire new Z83 form, including parts A, B, C, D, and F. Only a recently updated thorough CV (previous experience must be comprehensively detailed, i.e. positions held and dates). On the day of the interviews, applicants will provide certified copies of all qualifications and identification documents. It is the obligation of the applicant to get international qualifications appraised by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The Department has the option of not filling the position. The Department reserves the right not to fill the post. All shortlisted candidates for will be subjected to undertake a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job; the logistics will be communicated to candidates prior to the interviews. Recommended candidates will also be required to attend a generic managerial competency assessment after the interviews also take a note that National School of Governance (NGS) has introduce compulsory SMS pre-entry certificate with effect from 01 April 2020 as Minimum Entry Requirements for Senior Management Services and can be accessed through the following link: http://www.thensg.gov.za/training- course/sms-pre-entry-programme/. The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. The successful candidate must disclose to the Director-General particulars of all registrable financial interests, sign a performance agreement and employment contract with the Director-General within three months from the date of assumption of duty. The successful candidate must be willing to sign an oath of secrecy with the Department. Applicants will be expected to be available for selection interviews and assessments at a time, date and place as determined by the Department. An offer letter will only be issued to the successful candidate once the following has been verified educational qualifications, previous experience, citizenship, reference checks and security vetting. Please note: Correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
POST: OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR GR III REF NO: DOT/HRM/2022/60
Branch: Civil Aviation
SALARY: R321 543 per annum (Level 08)
- A recognised NQF level 6 qualification in Office Management, Public Administration and (3) three years’ experience in project office environment / project implementation in rendering support services to senior management.
- Proven experience in compiling memos and minute taking. Knowledge and experience of the MS Office package, specifically relating to word processing, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of Office Administration.
- Knowledge of Public Service and departmental Prescripts and Legislations.
- Knowledge of Financial Administration.
- Ability to conduct research and analyse documents and situations.
- Keep abreast with procedures and processes within the Office of the Deputy Director General.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels. Good telephone etiquette.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion. High level of reliability.
- Good interpersonal relations. Adhering to business ethics. Above average organising skills. Good grooming and presentable.
- Self-management and motivation skills.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Provide Administrative Support to the Deputy Director General,
- Keep a message system updated / forward information as required, Prepare document packs for meetings, Attend to minute taking and other logistics related to the meetings / sessions,
- Organize meetings, strategic / business planning sessions, etc, Deal with queries from public, stakeholders and personnel in the department,
- Make appointments and keep diary updated (inform manager of appointments, ensure no overlaps occur, reschedule appointments when necessary),
- Arrange meetings (Book venue refreshments, arrange for Food Services Aid to assist, ensure offices and meeting venues are clean and fresh water is supplied),
- Create a database of clients with respect to contact information, line of business and other information,
- Ensure issues needing the manager’s attention is arranged in such a way that the manager needs only spend the minimum time to deal with them,
- Organize travel arrangements (accommodation, car, etc.),
- Handle claims (S & T, monthly car allowance, cell phone and entertainment), Reply to invitations, Receive visitors,
- Keep circulars. and relevant policies updated (HR policies, Finance policies and supply chain policies etc.),
- Co-ordinate engagements across the whole Branch, assist with co-ordination of project reports, Coordinate inputs and prepare presentations for meetings, Assist the manager to compile presentations,
- Ensure that a database of all presentations is kept,
- Assist with the compilation of project close out reports, Perform document tracking for all correspondence and memorandums.
- Acknowledge receipt, apply file number allocation, record data into computer system, file appropriately.
- Maintain strict confidentiality when working with documents related to staff.
- Ensure safe keeping of all documentation in the office of the DDG in line with the relevant policies.
- Ensure/coordinate fast and efficient handling of other documentation, meeting of deadlines for documents (determine priority and follow up).
- Co- ordination of parliamentary questions (arrange for the answering of PQ directing to the correct functionaries).
ENQUIRIES: Ms Pauline Nkuna Tel No: (012) 309 3688
NOTE: Preference will be given to African Male, Coloured Male /Female, White Male, Indian Male/Female and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
SOUTH AFRICA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT APPLICATION
SEND YOUR APPLICATION: Department of Transport, Private Bag X193, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver at the 159 Forum Building, Cnr Struben and Bosman Street, Pretoria for attention Recruitment Unit. Room 4034.
SOUTH AFRICA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT Application Deadline
Application Deadline: 14 October 2022
- Feenix Graduate Bursary Programme 2022/2023 for young South African Graduates
- GPAA Graduate Internship Programme 2022/2023 for young South Africans (Stipend available)
- The City of Cape Town 2023 external bursaries for young South Africans
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP