The Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2022 is now accepting applications. This challenge aims to increase long-term employment creation in Africa by supporting entrepreneurship and youth-led innovation in climate change adaptation and resilience.
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA), the African Development Bank (AfDB), and Climate Investment Funds (CIF) together organize the Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge (YouthADAPT Challenge) as part of the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Programme YouthADAPT Flagship Programme.
Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2022 Benefits
In this edition of the challenge, 20 innovators will emerge as winners at an award show and will have access to post-award support in the forms of:
- $100,000 USD grant for each winner
- Capacity Building and Training
- Mentorship and Coaching
Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2022 Eligibility
- Open to young entrepreneurs and Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Africa;
- Applicant should be aged between 18 and 35;
- Delivering climate adaptation or resilience solutions addressing real-life challenges;
- Legally registered and operating in Africa;
- Able to show revenues for at least two years.
The YouthADAPT Challenge is open to solutions (products, services, tools) targeted at climate change adaptation and increasing resilience. Admissible solutions can represent:
- An adaptation solutions business that has not been scaled and is not in widespread use.
- An existing resilience and adaptation solutions business or product.
- A commercially viable means to raise awareness or scale uptake of specific adaptation solutions.
- One Young World/AstraZeneca Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 3 ($50,000 grant)
- ECOWAS Internship Immersion Program 2022 for young African Graduates
- One Young World Deloitte Lead 2030 Challenge ( US$50,000 grant & Sponsorship to participate in the OYW Summit 2023, Belfast)
Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2022 Application
The application closes on October 4, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit YouthADAPT Challenge.
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP