Applications are invited for the Harvard Law School IGLP/Stellenbosch University Global Scholars Academy 2023. The Global Scholars Academy is an intensive residential experience designed to enable junior faculty and post-doctoral scholars to engage in sustained, interdisciplinary, peer-to-peer collaboration under the close mentorship of research faculty drawn from the world’s top universities.
Building on the Institute for Global Law & Policy (IGLP) decade of successful workshops and Stellenbosch’s dedication to high-level interdisciplinary research, the Harvard Law School Global Scholars Academy will engage a growing community of scholars developing new thinking about the world’s most pressing policy challenges. While in residence, participants will workshop their ongoing research, review current scholarship developments, reconsider canonical texts, and network with colleagues from across the world.
- Authoritarianism, Populism, and Constitutional Authority
- The Global Corporation
- Critical Geographies
- Transnational Public and Private Reimagined
- Science and Technology Studies
- Labor, Justice, and the Future of Work
- International Economic Law in Global Political Economy
- Formality and Informality in the Law of Property
- Clinical Education and Access to Justice
- Gender, Poverty, and Social Inclusion
- Foregrounding Race in the Post-Colonial
- Critical Theory in Legal Thought
- Preference will be given to scholars who hold postdoctoral junior faculty positions.
- Students completing their doctoral work are also encouraged to apply.
October 7, 2022
All accepted participants will be expected to submit an 8000-word piece, draft, or work in progress of academic writing in advance of the Academy to be discussed with colleagues in an intensive Writing Workshops.
For more information, visit Global Scholars Academy 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP