Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 (UGX40,000,000 grant)
The Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 is now accepting applications. The Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge seeks to enhance sustainable agriculture, reduce malnutrition, increase food security, and improve farmer livelihoods. Furthermore, the challenge strives to find and encourage innovative business solutions that contribute to a sustainable and inclusive food system in Northern Uganda and its surrounding areas.
The objectives of the Challenge are:
- To identify and support innovative business solutions contributing to a sustainable and inclusive food system in and around Acholi Sub-region.
- To promote sustainable livelihoods in the Acholi Sub-region.
- Support 15 to 20 entrepreneurs that want to or are already providing impactful solutions in food security, malnutrition, and agriculture production in the Acholi Sub-region.
Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 Thematic Areas
- Malnutrition Challenges
- Agricultural Market Information
- Access to Inputs
- Food Productivity
- Food Wastage Management
- Climate & Smart Farming
- Agro Processing
- Technology & Digital Agriculture
- Education Services for Farmers
Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 Prize
- The main winners will receive a share of a grant of UGX40,000,000 plus additional five months of mentorship. In addition, 3 – 5 promising early-stage ideas will receive microgrants of up to UGX1,000,000 and mentorship.
Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 Eligibility
Entrepreneurs with already existing business or innovations, and
aspiring entrepreneurs with just an idea in the mentioned thematic
areas can apply.
- Applicants should have an agribusiness innovative idea to be implemented around the Acholi Sub-region.
- Anyone with an already existing agribusiness solution being implemented in the Acholi Sub-region.
- Entrepreneurs with innovative solutions in thematic areas listed above.
- Women entrepreneurs are especially encouraged to apply.
- Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge 2022 for Young African Entrepreneurs (up to $100,000)
- African Union – European Union Digital for Development Blogging Competition for Bloggers (Fully Funded to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- ECOWAS Internship Immersion Program 2022 for young African Graduates
Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 Application Deadline
Deadline: October 9, 2022
Caritas Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2022 Application
After the application phase, the most promising applicants will go through an interview to be able to select the best 20 SMEs.
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPPGROUP OR WHATSAPP 2
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP
Leave a Reply