The 6th African World Heritage Youth Forum, a capacity building exercise focusing on Celebrating 50 Years of the 1972 World Heritage Convention and the African Youth in the Next 50: The Heritage We Want through African Young Professionals, is now accepting applications.
The Forum focuses on the World Heritage Convention’s youth viewpoint in order to promote and increase African youth participation in the stewardship and promotion of World Heritage in Africa in a new and innovative manner.
The forum aims to:
- Promote holistic youth development and participation by recognizing youth as vital actors and partners in the implementation of the 1972 World Heritage Convention.
- Generate and strengthen collaboration between youth and heritage stakeholders through the promotion and preservation of World Heritage which requires partnerships of various stakeholders.
- Generate knowledge and interest for further promotion and preservation of World Heritage therefore enhancing sustainability.
- Expand the outreach of youth projects, promoting regional and international exchange of information through providing a platform for the creation of networks, exchange of knowledge, sharing of experience and success stories between and among the youth across Africa.
- Raise youth awareness and appreciation of issues and threats facing Africa’s heritage while stimulating their involvement in World Heritage activities that could bring direct economic benefits to local communities living in or around World Heritage properties in Africa.
- Motivate and equip young leaders with the tools to become catalysts of change.
- Encourage youth to improve their innovation and creative capacities in developing sustainable initiatives in their countries, which consider the present-day issues and aspirations of the African Union Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
6th African World Heritage Youth Forum 2022 Costs
- The costs for the forum participation (return airfare, accommodation, meals, local transportation) in the Republic of Cameroon will be covered by AWHF, ICCROM and the Ministry of Arts and Culture of Cameroon.
- Selected participants shall meet their own local costs in the country of origin, as well as visa application costs to enter the Republic of Cameroon.
6th African World Heritage Youth Forum 2022 Eligibility
Twenty-five (25) young heritage champions from African countries (including 10 from Central Africa countries) will be selected for the forum.
Applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- African citizen between the ages: 21 – 35
- Minimum requirements: a post-secondary certified training and/or qualification
- Fluency in French (being the working language of the Forum) and ability to communicate in at least one of the other four official languages of the African Union (English, Portuguese, Arabic and Swahili)
- Available for the entire duration of the Forum
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage, working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people
- Active on online media and digital platforms (social media e.g. Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc)
- Personal attributes: motivated, active and driven individuals interested in learning how to assess the viability, feasibility, and desirability of social business ideas while engaging in a World Heritage network of young Africans eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their home countries
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
6th African World Heritage Youth Forum 2022 Format
The Forum will consist of interactive presentations from youth participants and experts from different fields (e.g. business, leadership, heritage, etc.) combined with hands-on activities, group discussions, workshops as well as guided visits to the Dja Faunal Reserve in Cameroon.
A group of 10 young participants/resource persons will be selected to attend the subregional conference to be held in Yaoundé, Cameroon, from 17 to 19 October 2022 in the framework of the 50th Anniversary of the World Heritage Convention. Among criteria, the coordination team will consider individual commitment during the forum, past experience, leadership skill, geographical representation and gender aspects.
- International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) Poster Contest 2023 ($500 prize)
- UN SDSN Youth Nigeria SDG Advocate Programme 2022
- African Food Fellowship Systems Leadership Programme 2022 for emerging food systems leaders. (Scholarships Available)
6th African World Heritage Youth Forum 2022 Application Deadline
6th African World Heritage Youth Forum 2022 Application Deadline: September 4, 2022
6th African World Heritage Youth Forum 2022 Application
Each applicant should submit the following application package:
- The completed application form (in English or French)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum)
- Motivational letter and
- One (1) minute video of your current engagement in World Heritage.
The complete application package should be submitted at the latest on the 4 September 2022 (1pm GMT). Late applications will not be considered. Application form should be completed in word document (handwritten applications will not be accepted).
For any queries, contact Roxanne Skosana at RoxanneS@dbsa.org with cc Info@awhf.net. Note that applications sent directly to these emails will not be accepted, kindly submit your application to email@example.com
For more information, visit AWHF.
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPPGROUP OR WHATSAPP 2
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP
Leave a Reply