The AYuTe Nigeria Challenge Enterprise Development Program
The AYuTe Africa Challenge Nigeria is an enterprise development program initiated by Heifer International and implemented by Enactus Nigeria to identify, nurture, and support innovative, relevant and technology-driven agric-centric enterprises to grow, scale and thrive.
Candidates should be early-stage or growth-stage youth-led agritech businesses/companies with innovative solutions impacting smallholder farmers at scale.
- Be aged 18-35 by the closing day of submission to the AYuTe Nigeria challenge
- Be a youth with innovative ideas focusing on the agriculture sector
- Have ideas that are proven to solve social problems and are implementable, technically feasible, economically sound (affordable), and environmentally smart (eco-friendly)
- Hold Nigerian nationality with official ID (national identity card, international passport, or permanent voters’ card)
- Produce financial statements for the venture
- Be the founder or co-founder of the enterprise represented in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offences
- Have the potential for partnership and collaboration with other actors/stakeholders.
- Asia Foundation Development Fellows Programme 2023 (up to $5,000)
- Elisabeth & Amelie Fund Scholarship 2022 for African students (up to €5000)
- Apply for the Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 (up to $40,000)
The company must have:
- Been registered/incorporated with the relevant government agencies in Nigeria
- The ability to scale and impact a large number of smallholder farmers, including recorded evidence of demonstrated impact on smallholder farmers’ revenue and/or operations
- The potential for job creation and poverty reduction
- Alignment with relevant national policies and international treaties (e.g., SDGs)
- An identifiable technological innovation that addresses the following problems for smallholder farmers:
- Smallholder farmer productivity
- Smallholder farmer income
- Labour intensiveness of operations
- Access to information
- Strong competitive advantage
- In September 2022, the first stage of the challenge will identify the top-10 agritech innovators and the second stage will identify the top-5 agritech innovators.
- The top three enterprises will be awarded cash prizes at a pitch and awards ceremony in October 2022.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the AYuTe Nigeria Challenge
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPPGROUP OR WHATSAPP 2
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP
Leave a Reply