Global Leadership Challenge 2022 for Young Leaders
Applications are now open for the Global Leadership Challenge 2022, a global initiative of the University of Oxford and the St Gallen Symposium. The Global Leadership Challenge aims to empower emerging leaders to grow in the wisdom and character required for leadership that makes a difference in the world —leadership that doesn’t simply seek to fulfil personal ambition but furthers societies’ sustainable development.
This year, Global leadership challenge will focus on a “New Generational Contract”: How can we foster intergenerational collaboration and fairness to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
GLC 2022 will convene 100 promising young leaders and 20 Senior Advisors to address some of the most pressing challenges of our time by integrating responsible leadership and practical actions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Integrating character education and design thinking, the five-day challenge will equip young leaders with the values and skills needed to build a sustainable future. Throughout the five-day challenge, participants engage in character education, cross-generational dialogues, and develop a wide range of action projects with impact for their communities around the world.
- Become part of a diverse global community of young, responsible leaders
- Engage with world-renowned academics and senior business and policy leaders
- Develop action projects that address some of the most pressing global challenges using design thinking principles
- Learn to lead in a way that not only advances personal ambition but actively seeks the wider good of society
- Earn an official Certificate of Achievement: All active participants will receive an official Certificate of Achievement from the University of Oxford and the St. Gallen Symposium.
- Receive bespoke leadership training and mentorship: After GLC, GLC Members can apply for further mentoring in two tracks: “entrepreneurship” (with EWOR Education) to learn skills and competencies towards building their own ventures, and “leadership development” (with the Oxford Character Project at the University of Oxford) to reflect on their own purpose and grow as a future leader.
- Possibility to receive Entrepreneurship Coaching with EWOR Academy to build your venture
- Attend the 52nd St. Gallen Symposium in May 2023 as Leaders of Tomorrow: The winning team will be offered to join the 52nd St. Gallen Symposium on 4-5 May 2023 as Leaders of Tomorrow and engage in cross-generational dialogue with senior leaders. As Leaders of Tomorrow, their expenses for travel and accommodation will be fully covered. After the conference, they will join a global network of emerging thinkers and changemakers.
- AU/CIEFFA 5th Youth Capacity Building Workshop for Young Africans￼￼
- The Ocean Impact Pitchfest 2022 for startups worldwide
- Founders Network Kirkira Programme 2022 (up to $10,000 of AWS Credits)
- You are a student (currently enrolled in a Masters or a PhD programme) or a young professional (aged between 21-30 years).
- You have finished your undergraduate studies.
- You have already demonstrated your commitment to responsible leadership through extra-curricular activities and/or work experience.
- You are committed to investing around five half-days from 8-12 December 2022 in GLC.
- Active participation in GLC sessions is mandatory to receive a Certificate of Achievement.
They welcome applications from around the world and from all academic disciplines.
The Global Leadership Challenge 2022 will convene 100 young leaders selected through an open application process in Oxford, St. Gallen, and around the world.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their commitment to responsible leadership and passion for engaging with complex global challenges.
- They are looking for a diverse group of postgraduate students and young professionals who are ready to rise to the challenges of our time and develop themselves as the responsible leaders our world desperately needs now.
The application deadline is on the October 24th, 2022
If you apply for GLC 2022, following a successful application process, you will be placed in a diverse group with four other GLC members. Your preferences will be taken into account for the allocation of the challenge area. You can mention other applicants you’d like to be matched with in a group.
For more information, visit Global Leadership Challenge 2022
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPPGROUP OR WHATSAPP 2
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP
Leave a Reply