UNCTAD eTrade for Women Masterclass for English-speaking Africa 2022
The UNCTAD eTrade for Women Masterclasses are unique empowerment events for women digital entrepreneurs. Applications are open for English-speaking African countries.
The rapid spread of digital technologies across Africa is creating many business opportunities. Yet, women entrepreneurs still face obstacles to grow their businesses. To help address this challenge, the eTrade for Women initiative, led by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, will host a Masterclass for women digital entrepreneurs from English-speaking African countries in Lagos, Nigeria, on 6-9 December 2022. The Masterclass is organized in partnership with Damilola Olokesusi, Founder and CEO of Shuttlers, and eTrade for Women Advocate.
eTrade for Women Masterclass Program Details
The Masterclass is organized by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) in partnership with the eTrade for Women Advocate Damilola Olokesusi, Founder & CEO of Shuttlers (Nigeria).
Masterclass Theme: Shape Africa’s digital transformation with a successful business.
Dates and Location: The Masterclass will take place from Tuesday 6 December to Friday 9 December 2022, in Lagos, Nigeria.
- World Bank Group Young Professionals Programme 2023 (IFC Placement)
- MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Women’s World Banking Fintech Innovation Challenge 2023
- The Young Women Political Leadership School (#YWPLS) Cohort005, Nigeria.
eTrade for Women Masterclass Benefits
A limited number of scholarships (for travel and accommodation) will be made available to applicants who specifically request them. The request for financial support must be specifically mentioned in the application form.
eTrade for Women Masterclass Eligibility
- You are a woman and you are the founder/co-founder of your business
- You have a track record of 2 to 5 years in this role
- New technologies and digital tools are at the heart of your business model and operations
- You are based in one of the following countries: Cameroon, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda
- You want to make a difference and impact your ecosystem