About Cecil Renaud Trust Scholarships
Dr Cecil Renaud, a well-known Durban Philanthropist, established The Cecil Renaud Educational and Charitable Trust (the Trust) in 1988. Dr Renaud passed away on 3 June 1993 and bequeathed the residue of his estate to the Trust. Shortly after the Trust became active, the trustees decided to establish an Overseas Scholarship.
The Overseas Scholarship, granted annually, is awarded for a maximum of two years for post-graduate study (Masters degree (or equivalent) or PhD) in the United Kingdom at a university of the student’s choice. In past years students who have been awarded the Scholarship have attended, inter alia, the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and the University of London.
- This Scholarship is available only to students who completed their secondary schooling at any school in KwaZulu-Natal
- Candidates must be under the age of 27 at the time of applying for the Scholarship.
- Queen Elizabeth Scholars-West Africa (QES-WA) 2022/2023 for African Scholars
- 30 Universities in the United States with the Easiest Admission Process
- Camargo Foundation Core Fellowship Programme 2023/2024 (Fully Funded)
In selecting a candidate for the Overseas Scholarship, the trustees consider the following criteria, inter alia, to be of particular importance: 1. Outstanding academic achievement (at a minimum: undergraduate or Honours degree(s) achieved cum laude or summa cum laude; and additionally, Dean’s Commendations and Certificates of Merit). 2. Evidence of focus, commitment, stamina and leadership. 3. The promise of effectiveness in the chosen area of study and other areas
Duration of Scholarship:Duration of study
Download the application form of Cecil Renaud Trust Scholarships to fill in your application details.
For more information: Visit Cecil Renaud Trust Scholarship Webpage
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPPGROUP OR WHATSAPP 2
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP
Leave a Reply