Illinois Wesleyan University is committed to diversifying and internationalizing both the campus and curriculum. The International Office supports this effort through International Advising. They actively guide and support international students and scholars from admissions through post-graduate planning. Providing a welcome and inclusive environment, IWU values the distinctive contribution of our international students.
Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships are offered on the basis of outstanding talents, interests and academic achievements.
Benefits of Scholarship:
Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships will offer a Full school tuition payment for successful applicants
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Programme 2023 for emerging African Leaders (Fully Funded to work at AfDB, UNECA & ITC with an Annual Stipend of $100,000)
- United States International University (USIU)-Africa Undergraduate Scholarships 2022 for African Students
Application for the Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships must be complete by Feb. 15 to be considered.
Students interested in admission to University must submit:
- IWU Application or Common Application (there is no fee or preference for either application)
- Official copies of your academic records from all secondary schools and colleges in which you are currently enrolled or have previously attended.
- Transcripts should include the most recent 3 years of grades.
- Academic records need to be in English and notarized.
English Proficiency Exam. IELTS , TOEFL , GTEC , or Duolingo English Test scores are accepted. IWU accepts MyBest scores for the TOEFL, in addition to TOEFL scores from a single test date. Minimum test scores are required for admission: IELTS 6.5 band score, TOEFL score of 80 iBT (Internet-based), Duolingo English Test score of 105. Scores more than two years old will not be accepted. English proficiency exam waivers are available to eligible applicants upon request.
- Essay: One Letter of Recommendation in English from a teacher or counselor who can attest to your academic and English language abilities in terms of reading comprehension, listening, and speaking.
Family Financial Statement .
- IWU practices a need-sensitive admissions policy for international students. Upon meeting the required financial contribution of $10,000 USD per year, applications are evaluated without further consideration of ability to pay (need-blind). Photocopy of your passport in .jpg or .pdf format should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please notify us if you do not have a current passport. This will not delay consideration of your application for admission.
Standardized Test Scores. Submit ONE of the following: SAT , ACT , 3 AP exam scores, 3 IB exams or IB Diploma (on track for the diploma), and 3 A-Level exams.
- They do not require any SAT Subject Tests. OR
Personal Interview (for test optional).
- International students whose first or native language is not English are still required to submit either the TOEFL or IELTS.
All supportive documentation should be sent to:
Assistant Director for International Admissions
Illinois Wesleyan University
1211 Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701 U.S.A.
For more information: Visit Illinois Wesleyan University President’s Scholarships Webpage
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP