Applications are open for the Africa Digital Media Foundation CreaTech Animation Incubator 2022. The Africa Digital Media Foundation (ADMF), in association with the Heva Fund, AFD, the European Union, the French Embassy in Kenya, and the Association of Animation Artistes, is launching the third cohort of the CreaTech Animation Incubator in order to equip talented East African animators with an investor-ready pitch that they can use to attract investment and pitch at local, regional, and international festivals.
Individual animators and teams with the most engaging, outstanding, and distinctive animated series project ideas are invited to apply to participate as fellows in this unique incubator. Adapted from ADMF’s Scale-up Accelerator, the Incubator will provide 20 animators or teams with the mentorship they need to develop relevant animated projects that speak to both a local and global audience.
Africa Digital Media Foundation Program Details
The CreaTech Incubator will be a 12-week BootCamp that will include mentoring and high-level training with established industry professionals. Experts will include industry experts in animation, storytelling, music, and sound, as well as international broadcasters, distributors, and sales agents. The teams will receive technical training to refine their animation projects and pitches, as well as market training to position their projects for success with investments and festivals.
Women animators are encouraged to apply and take advantage of this unique opportunity that will not only serve as a great platform to showcase their work but also offers avenues for them to interact directly with industry. They believe such interactions are key in addressing the gender imbalance in the film and animation industries both regionally and globally.
- Tech African Women Program 2022 for female-led tech Startup (Fully Funded Trip + Cash Grants)
- Facebook Fellowship Program 2023 in United States (Fully Funded)
- F5 STEM Education Grants for Women and Girls of Color 2022 ($50,000 grant)
Africa Digital Media Foundation Program Topics will include:
- Project Planning/ Production Schedule
- Story and Scripts
- Character Development
- Sound Dubbing – Guide audio for animating
- Character animation
- Video editing
- Automatic Dialogue Replacement
- SFX -Sound Effects
- Music Score
- Sound Design
- Pitch Bible
- Marketing & Distribution
Africa Digital Media Foundation Program Eligibility
Eligible Animators will:
- Submit an animated series concept that demonstrates creativity and uniqueness;
- Demonstrate a passion for animation and establishing a long-term career in the animation industry;
- Complete an application in full and submit it via ADMF’s website by 15 August 2022 (incomplete applications will not be considered);
- Commit to attend all webinar and mentorship sessions;
- Agree to meaningfully participate in and contribute to every component of the program;
- Acknowledge the CreaTech Animation Incubator and ADMF via social media, if accepted into the program;
- Must be over 18 years and a citizen of a country in East Africa with a valid passport (or the ability to obtain a passport before successful finalists are announced).
Africa Digital Media Foundation Program Application
- Submit a Concept Note of a single pdf file that contains the following:
- Title of the series project, format, target audience and age bracket, and genre
- Synopsis of the story in no more than 250 words.
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the central characters
- One to two sentence short descriptions of some of the secondary characters
- 2-5 images of concept art of the world and its characters, backgrounds, model sheets, etc
- Submit a Statement of Intent /Description of Project; its origin, message, its importance, and uniqueness. Max. 1 page.
- Submit CV of the author(s)
Africa Digital Media Foundation Program Application Deadline
The submission process will close on Monday, 15 August 2022 23:59 East Africa Time.
Never miss an opportunity
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP