Tech African Women is a program led by BetaCube and supported by UNECA dedicated to building a strong female-led tech Startup pipeline and community in Africa. it will run from August to December 2022 and is composed of 3 main phases:
Objectives of the Tech African Women Program
- Empower female founders to leverage their skills to build strong tech startups from scratch
- Accelerate the transformation of project ideas and prototypes into validated business models, ready for market & investment
- Build communities and alliances to aggregate opportunities for women entrepreneurs and maximize impact.
- All participants must be female between 18 and 35 years old
- To have an idea of a tech startup that is addressing at least one of the SDGs
- To be a national of one of the targeted countries: Tunisia, Tanzania, Senegal & Ethiopia.
- To be available and committed to attending all the bootcamp sessions physically in addition to the online incubation phase.
- To be able to communicate fluently in French or English.
- F5 STEM Education Grants for Women and Girls of Color 2022 ($50,000 Grant)
- Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-A-ton Africa 2022 for women entrepreneurs across Africa (Naira 5 million financial grant)
- She Works Here Clean Energy Convertible Grant for Women SMEs 2022
- An invitation to participate in a 3-day intensive training bootcamp in your country
- A cash grant of 2k usd for the winning team per country
- A fully funded trip to Rwanda for 2 winning projects per country to pitch in the final ceremony
- Access to a pool of tech & design experts to develop your MVP
- Personal Support from a startup coach
- Customized one to one coaching sessions with top experts in Marketing & Finance
- Intercultural journey of learning from entrepreneurs from Tunisia, Tanzania, Ethiopia & Senegal
- A cash grant of 7k usd for the best startup at the end of the program
The deadline for the Tech African Womenprogram application submission is on August 17, 2022
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Tech African Women Program 2022
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP