The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing & Packaging Training application period is currently open. The course has a comprehensive curriculum that covers food handling, processing, packaging, networking, and mentoring for young people.
The Agrihub Nigeria initiative, run by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), is dedicated to helping young people without jobs in Nigeria and aspiring agripreneurs gain the skills they need to start their own businesses or find employment in the agricultural sector. The project seeks to raise the standard of living for young people in rural areas through a variety of initiatives. The inclusive business model that Agrihub plans to use will give chances to those with little formal education.
To prevent food wastage, youth must be trained in postharvest food handling, processing, and packaging, which is one of the mandates of the IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project. This training is in collaboration with Cato Food, Iwo, Osun State. The program includes classroom teaching, hands-on learning in the field, and internships that can lead to employment opportunities or starting their own food-processing factory.
- PlasticWize Fellowship 2022 for Female Students in Nigeria
- MainOne Technicians Scheme Program 2022 for young Nigerians
- FG-Halogen Cyber Security Training Program For Young Nigerians
IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing Eligibility
- Beneficiaries should be youth between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Youth must be passionate about agriculture especially food processing and its value chain.
- The beneficiary must be unemployed when applying.
- Beneficiaries must possess at least a junior or senior secondary school certificate and be literate in English or the local language.
- Applicants resident in Iwo, Ileogbo, Oluponna, Kuta and environs will be given preference.
- Applicants must have access to a functioning mobile phone.
- Participants must be physically and mentally fit to participate in all aspects of the training. Applicants with certain disabilities are also encouraged to apply. However, this must be clearly communicated during the application period.
- Applicants must be ready to commit three months to this program.
- Applicants should be willing to undergo an internship in relevant food processing companies.
- Females are encouraged to apply.
IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing Application Deadline
IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing Deadline: August 8, 2022
IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing Application
For more information, visit IFAD Agrihub Nigeria.