Applications are open for the Genius Bee Innovation Programme 2022. Genius Bee Innovation programme is a national innovation programme where young talents from various secondary schools in Nigeria, get together to learn, build capacity and develop innovative solutions for a better and more sustainable future.
The goal of the programme is to develop a network of young innovators and changemakers that would impact the world, through their transformative actions and innovative solutions. They intend to create a global student platform fully dedicated to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), where youngsters can be trained, connect and access a unique ecosystem of experts, mentors, investors, government and non-government organizations.
Genius Bee Innovation Programme provides the next generation hands-on trainings on SDGs, Circular Economy, Green Economy, Waste Recycling and Artificial Intelligence. The Genius Bee invites secondary school students to show off their knowledge of general academics.
The Genius Bee Innovation programme features a bootcamp training and multi-educational contests which includes essay writing, spellings, speech presentation, arithmetic, waste innovation and more. As a central part of the experience, the young talents will be immersed in a daylong bootcamp where they will receive training and support from facilitators and mentors to frame problems and develop early-stage prototype solutions within their interested SDG.
- IFAD Agrihub Nigeria Food Processing & Packaging Training 2022
- PlasticWize Fellowship 2022 for Female Students in Nigeria
At each State level, medals and plaque awards would be given to the Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). Each student would be issued a Certificate of Participation after the tournament.
The following cash prize is set to be given to the winners of the Grand tournament.
- 1st Prize: ₦200,000 for the Champion
- 2nd Prize: ₦150,000 for 1st Runner-Up
- 3rd Prize: ₦100,000 for 2nd Runner-Up
- School bags, atlas, dictionaries, scientific calculators, mathematical sets, and many more rewards would be given as consolation prizes.
- MainOne Technicians Scheme Program 2022 for young Nigerians
- FrieslandCampina Graduate Professional Scheme 2022 for young Nigerian graduates
- Open to public and private Secondary Schools in Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Osun and Lagos states.
- Senior Secondary School II (S.S.S. 2) Students attending full-time Secondary Education in any Public and Private Secondary Schools in the states listed above are eligible to take part in the competition.
- Entry or registration into this competition is FREE.
- The competition shall be held at the state and regional levels, where winners in every state will compete together for the grand prize.
- Note that the official language for this competition is the English Language at the State and Regional Levels.
The deadline for application submission is on September 30, 2022
For more information, visit Genius Bee Innovation Programme Webpage
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP