United States International Africa offers scholarships to bright and needy students who would like to join the university, for their undergraduate studies. All scholarships except the Sports Scholarship, are advertised on the United States International Africa website and in any of the two major Kenyan daily newspapers (The Daily Nation and The Standard) in the spring (April) of every semester. The selection/interview process takes place in July of the Summer semester and the recipients are awarded the scholarship in September of the fall semester of every year.
Full USIU-Africa Scholarship
The United States International Africa Scholarship covers the full costs of tuition, books, computer laboratory, and room and board fees in the university hostels for two applicants (female and male).
- Applicants must have sat the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations not more than one year prior to the award.
- Have attained a mean grade of B+ (Plus) or better, with at least a B plain in English and Mathematics in KCSE.
- Successful candidates must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 and above to remain eligible.
Partial USIU-Africa Scholarship
The Partial United States International Scholarship covers 100% tuition cost for one female and one male candidate.
- Applicants must have sat the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (KCSE) not more than one year prior to the award.
- Have attained a mean grade of B (plain) or better, with at least a B- in English and Mathematics in KCSE.
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 and above to remain eligible.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024 for Foreign Scholars & Artists
- Contrary Sabbatical Programme 2022 for Students & professionals (Up to $250,000)
- FinduddannelseDOTdk Sustainability Scholarship 2022 (up to €5,000)
The university aims to reach out to specific vulnerable members of the society through the Diversity Scholarship. Through this the university aims at among other things:
- Promote education and development among the vulnerable members of the society.
- Assist bright but needy students from vulnerable populations gain university education.
Scholarships for Under-represented Communities
There are two (2) tuition only United States International scholarships for the under-represented and under-privileged bright students from Arid and Semi-Arid (ASAL) regions of Kenya, and one (1) similar scholarship for applicants from informal settlements in the neighborhood of USIU-Africa.
- Applicants must have attained a KCSE score of B- (minus) or better.
- Be from the ASAL regions
Or informal settlements in the USIU-Africa neighborhood.
- Correctly complete all relevant financial aid and admission application and selection procedures.
- Maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 and above to remain eligible.
These are two (2) full tuition Scholarships for qualified applicants who must use orthopedic appliances for movement. The Scholarships are based on academic merit and cover full tuition costs
- Applicants must have attained a KCSE score of C+ (Plus) or better.
- Correctly complete all relevant Financial Aid and Admission application and selection procedures.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 to remain eligible.
There are two categories of Sports Scholarship under the United States International University Scholarship 40% and 65% tuition discount. The main objective of these scholarships is to assist needy students with sporting talent pay part of their tuition costs.
Note: Any beneficiary injured while playing for the school team and confirmed by the doctor that he/she cannot continue playing will continue benefiting from the scholarship so long as he/she meets other eligibility requirements.
- Applicants must meet all other Financial Aid application procedures and requirements.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Must also maintain a GPA of 2.0, and be registered for a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 12 units to remain eligible.
- Be a member of a university sports team.
- Be recommended by the relevant team patron and the Sports Activities Coordinator.
- Participate in all team sport engagements.
Sports Scholarship for Freshmen
This is a 40% tuition-only scholarship for students in sports disciplines that are relevant to the needs of the university’s sports programs. This are advertised in high schools, relevant sports events and sports organizations during the summer (May) semester, and processed at the end of the summer semester, then awarded in the fall (September) semester. Preference is given to students with national-level certificates.
The scholarship of the United States International University is awarded to successful applicants upon admission and is renewable subject to the students fulfilling all the necessary requirements.
Sports Scholarships for Continuing Students
This is a 25% tuition-only sports scholarship for continuing students who are not on the Sports Scholarship for freshmen.
Institutional Scholarships Application Requirements
Applications for any institutional scholarship program must be accompanied by the following:
- An application letter
- Copies of the relevant certificates certified by the Principal or Head Teacher
- School Leaving Certificate
- A recommendation letter from the Principal or Head Teacher of High School Attended
- An essay detailing your background information and degree you wish to pursue
- Reasons why you deserve the scholarship
- Criminal Justice Scholarship: Criminal Justice is the government controlled systematic practice of applying laws for the purpose of social control in society; and for the prevention and lessening of crime; and using courts and legal procedure, which necessitates penalties and sanctions for law violations.
United States International University Africa Scholarship is committed to supporting the government realize its academic goals by providing 5 partial academic scholarships that cover 50% of tuition-cost to Kenyan civil servants seeking to pursue a USIU-Africa Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice Studies program.
Applications must be accompanied by a scholarship application form, a KCSE (O-Level ) Certificate, copies of other relevant certificates, an essay detailing the reasons why they deserve the scholarship and finally a recommendation letter from the employer (immediate supervisor or department head)
For more information: Visit United States International University Award Webpage
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP