For the MEST Africa Challenge in 2022, MEST Africa is now seeking applications. Technology firms in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya, and South Africa that are in the pre-seed to seed stage are encouraged to submit an application to compete in the regional contests that will take place in these nations in October of this year.
From each nation, two finalists will be chosen to compete in the final Demo Day Pitch event, which will take place in Accra, Ghana, for the grand prize of $50,000 in equity.
The MEST Africa Challenge (MAC), organized by the pan-African training program, seed fund, incubator, and hub MEST Africa, is the continent’s premier pitch event for technology entrepreneurs aiming to advance in their growth.
The challenge provides a stage for technology start-ups to raise funding, build industry networks and gain international visibility that would serve them well in growing and expanding their businesses.
MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups About:
MEST is a pan-African software and entrepreneurship training program, seed fund, and incubator helping to launch technology startups across the continent. Founded in Ghana in 2008 by serial entrepreneur Jorn Lyseggen, MEST is a 12-month program that provides critical skills training in software development, business, and communications to Africa’s burgeoning tech talent. MEST provides seed funding for the best ideas coming out of the program and continues to support the growth and development of its portfolio companies.
To date, MEST has trained 1000s of entrepreneurs from across the continent and invested in over 80 startups across industries from Agritech, Fintech, SaaS, eCommerce, Digital Media, and Healthcare amongst others. MEST is fully funded by the Meltwater Foundation, the non-profit arm of the Norwegian company Meltwater; a global leader in social and media intelligence headquartered in San Francisco.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2023-2024 for Foreign Scholars & Artists
- Contrary Sabbatical Programme 2022 for Students & professionals (Up to $250,000)
- FinduddannelseDOTdk Sustainability Scholarship 2022 (up to €5,000)
MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups Benefits
- Funding of up to $50,000
- Perk prizes from MEST Strategic Partners
- Global visibility
- Build your networks
- Professional coaching
- Mentorship from experts
- Join the global MEST Community for lifetime benefits
MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups Eligibility Criteria for MAC 2022:
- Pre-seed or seed-stage (have raised $100k total or less cumulatively since inception)
- Currently generating revenue
- Can demonstrate traction in one or more of the five MAC Markets (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal)
- Has been in operation for 2 years or less
- Tech-enabled (software company)
- Industry agnostic
- Any business model (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, B2G etc…)
MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups Application Deadline
MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups Deadline: August 30, 2022
MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups Application
For more information, visit MEST Africa.
Never miss an opportunity
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP