Cheslie C. Kryst Memorial Scholarships 2022
Applications are open for the Cheslie C. Kryst Memorial Scholarships 2022. In honor of Cheslie’s legacy, the SHRM Foundation will award two scholarships to students who express a deep commitment to workplace mental health and wellness.
Founded in 1966, the SHRM Foundation is the 501(c)(3) philanthropic arm of the world’s largest HR professional society, SHRM. SHRM represents more than 300,000 HR professionals across the globe, impacting 115 million workers and their families. The SHRM Foundation mobilizes the power of HR for positive social change in the workplace. Its robust resources, meaningful partnerships, and evidence-based programming educate and empower HR professionals to hire diverse talent, build inclusive workplaces, prioritize workplace mental health and wellness, develop, and support the next generation of HR professionals, and help employees find purpose at work and beyond.
About the Cheslie Scholarship
- The SHRM Foundation will issue a check not to exceed $10,000 directly to the institution for payment of tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution of one graduate and one undergraduate student. Fees for books, supplies, room/board and equipment are not covered by this award.
- The two award recipients will be honored during the SHRM Foundation Tharseo event in Chicago, Illinois scheduled for October 17-18, 2022. The award will cover airfare, hotel, transportation, and appropriate meals for recipients.
- FinduddannelseDOTdk Sustainability Scholarship 2022 (up to €5,000)
- Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2023/2024 for Study in the University of Oxford, UK (Fully Funded)
- Applicant should show demonstrated track record of promoting mental health either through practice or through their academic studies;
- Current SHRM member (professional or student);
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate program or master’s/doctoral program with at least one full semester remaining before graduation (I.e., You must be enrolled in classes after Dec. 31, 2022);
- University is a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
- Degree program is HR or HR-related (e.g. business, psychology, HR, org development, etc.);
- Minimum Grade Point Average
- Undergraduate – Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate – Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
The deadline for the Cheslie Scholarship is on August 24, 2022
Online application including:
- Contact information
- Short answer questions about academic, volunteer, and promotion of mental health through practice or academic studies.
- Current Resume
- Transcripts from an accredited institution.
- Transcripts can be “unofficial”, but we reserve the right to request official transcript if additional verification is needed.
- Universities outside of the United States must be accredited by a widely recognized accrediting body within the country or by the agency or ministry that oversees higher education within the country
- One Letter of Reference
For more information, visit Cheslie C. Kryst Memorial Scholarships.
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1
OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply