Fre-e-Waste Programme 2022 for Young Leaders in the ASEAN region
Application for the Fre-e-Waste Programme 2022 is now available. Do you recall how many different technological devices you’ve owned and used throughout your life? And what became of those abandoned devices? Do you know where those various types of e-waste are located?
According to estimates, 57.4 Mt (Million Metric Tonnes) of electronic trash was produced worldwide in 2021. And only 17.4% of it is known to be adequately collected and recycled. Every day, new electrical devices must be produced. Greenhouse gases are produced during the extraction and refinement of the materials used to make electrical devices. If e-waste was correctly handled and recycled, this could be decreased or avoided. E-waste management, however, has not gotten much attention in ASEAN.
FRE-E-WASTE programme is implemented by a group of ASEAN environmental enthusiasts, STEP Forward Education and supported by the U.S. Department of State and Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI). This two-day workshop, followed by a co-production of a manual on e-waste seeks to bring together a group of Southeast Asian environmental enthusiasts aged between 18 to 35 to connect and collaborate on e-waste issues in the region through hands-on activities including interactive skill-building sessions, expert presentations, and a game jam will be taking place online in two days: Saturday and Sunday, September 3 – 4, 2022.
Fre-e-Waste Programme 2022 for Young Leaders Benefits
- Discuss with invited experts to improve understanding of e-waste.
- Promote youth involvement in the ASEAN region and Timor-Leste to address the e-waste management issues by developing leadership and creative problem-solving skills.
- Receive a certificate of completion and acknowledgement of contribution to the creation of the post-workshop toolkit.
- Increase social and professional skills such as leadership, networking, and teamwork through workshop activities.
- Support with internet subsidies for participants.
Fre-e-Waste Programme 2022 for Young Leaders Eligibility
- Be a resident of one of 11 Southeast Asian countries: Brunei, , Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application;
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Be willing to participate in the program actively;
- Have a commitment to participate in the whole program: attend a two-day workshop and complete the toolkit based on what they have learned as the toolkit is revised in consultation with invited experts to make the final version downloadable for public access to all Southeast Asian countries.
- Contrary Sabbatical Programme 2022 for Students & professionals (Up to $250,000)
- Quest Fellowship Program on Entrepreneurship 2022 (Stipend available)
- Shell LiveWIRE Top Ten Innovators 2022 Global Competition for young Innovators (US$30,000)
Fre-e-Waste Programme 2022 for Young Leaders Application Deadline
Fre-e-Waste Programme 2022 for Young Leaders Deadline: August 29, 2022
Fre-e-Waste Programme 2022 for Young Leaders Application
Complete the application form by uploading your CV and answering the following questions:
- What do you know about e-waste in your country?
- Why do you want to apply for the program? (100-150 words)
- What do you expect to learn from the program?
- What can you contribute in terms of e-waste to the program?
- Any other relevant information that you wish to share?
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP