DeepMind was established in London in 2010 and its DeepMind Scholarships are part of a wider initiative by the company to broaden participation in science and support the wider research ecosystem, including in Africa.
The MSc in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence is a one-year structured master’s programme at Stellenbosch University, designed for students with a strong mathematical and computational background. It will equip you with the fundamentals of ML and AI, plus a suite of sophisticated techniques and concepts at the research forefront of these fields.
- Scholarships are open to anyone from Africa. Preference will be given to applicants from groups across the continent that are underrepresented in the global machine learning landscape. Shortlisted applicants may be invited for online interviews.
- Awarded scholarships will be conditioned on formal acceptance into full-time postgraduate studies at Stellenbosch University, with a research topic focusing on machine learning to be approved by the scholarship committee.
- Be from a sub-Saharan African country.
- Call for Mentors: Summer 2022 Savvy Global Fellowship Program
- WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme 2022 for Young Graduates
- Gender Responsive Agriculture Systems Policy (GRASP) Fellowship 2022 for Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda & Uganda
Benefits of Award:
The scholarships cover university fees, health insurance, accommodation, living expenses, and opportunities for international conference attendance. Recipients will also benefit from mentorship by DeepMind researchers.
If you complete the application for the programme before 31 August, you will be considered for a scholarship. Successful applicants will be notified in September.
It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
For more information: Visit Stellenbosch University DeepMind Scholarships Webpage