mPrenuer-Mobile Apps for Social Impact Challenge 2022 (Win Funded Trips to North Macedonia & Austria)
The mPreneur-Mobile Apps for Social Impact Challenge 2022 is now accepting applications. They are asking young people to take part in the Youth Mobile Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Future Challenge if they have previously created mobile apps that address issues in their community (mPreneur).
The project is a subset of EmpServe’s flagship Innovating for Social Impact Programme (iSIP), which aims to develop and support young social innovators and tech enthusiasts.
To execute mPreneur under the banner of “Youth Mobile Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Future,” they have teamed up with organizations all over the world. Young workers and youth CSOs are encouraged to innovate youth work, and global and regional initiatives to increase awareness of and recognize the youthwork in SME-social enterprises are encouraged. This is what mPreneur tries to do mobile entrepreneurship field for youth empowerment and employability.
Mobile Apps for Social Impact Challenge Benefits
- Winning participants will secure a fully funded trip for 8-day business training in the Social mPreneur School in Ohrid, North Macedonia (2 from each country);
- Opportunity to win a fully funded trip to the World Summit Award in Graz, Austria, for the international gala event bringing together potential investors, and tech experts from around the world
- All participating applications will get the chance to connect with global mentors and experts in the tech field during the training (mLearning, Techpreneurship, and Sustainable Impact-making for young aspiring entrepreneurs)
- Promotion of their mobile solutions – on various platforms, including the mPreneur online channels.
- Opportunity to showcase innovation – The project has very high visibility both locally and internationally;
- Networking and experience exchange with youth workers from 8 countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe;
- Be featured in the online book of inspiration on mPreneur sustainability toolkit: empowering Youngsters and Youth Workers on Social Mobile Entrepreneurship;
- Certificate of participation for the National Camps as well as for the Intercontinental camp in Macedonia (for the winners);
- Mentorship and support from EmpServe Social Innovation hub as well as its network of enablers .
All activities, including travels to continental and European camps, are fully funded.
Mobile Apps for Social Impact Challenge Eligibility
This is for you if you are a youth with an interest in changemaking, basic and/or advanced coding skills, digitally literate, and wanting to develop an entrepreneurial mindset, as well as youth workers developing programs on technology and entrepreneurship and mobile learning, but also stakeholders from the ICT field and the business community.
- Individuals and/or group co-founders can participate;
- Participants should be between 18-30 years;
- Participants must have regulated resident status in Kenya (citizenship or resident permit); and the ability to acquire requisite travel documents for the winners;
- The participants need to have already made a mobile application (Beta version, pre-launch version, or for instance already uploaded on App Store, Google Play or other platforms accessible by the users);
- Mobile solutions need to demonstrate clear social impact;
- Participants need to demonstrate plans to scale up the social impact of the tech application in terms of reach and influence
- Participants need to demonstrate how they will sustain the tech application and how they generate income
- If not already launched, participants need to demonstrate readiness to launch the mobile platform on or before October 2022
- Female founders are highly encouraged to apply.
- Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023 for Students Worldwide
- Information Futures Lab Fellowship Programme – Spring 2023 (Salary of $35,000)
Mobile Apps for Social Impact Challenge Application Deadline
Mobile Apps for Social Impact Challenge 2022 Deadline: August 9, 2022
Mobile Apps for Social Impact Challenge Application
Applicants are to take time to read carefully through the criteria for selection and to research social impact/social businesses in regards to mobile solution, so as to clarify their business model. Ensure that the information you provide about your innovation is clear and precise and all questions on the application form are answered to their fullness.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 9, 2022. Use the subject “mPrenuer [your app name]” on the subject of the email.