The National Institute for Health Research is offering Imperial College London Studentship to eligible domestic and international students.
The Imperial College London Studentship will be funded for three years with a Home Tuition waiver and a tax-free bursary of £22,000 per annum. The three-year PhD studentship is for eligible students from low- or middle-income countries (LMICs) funded by NIHR.
Details about the Scholarship
The Public Health Policy Evaluation Unit, within the Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Imperial College London, is offering a three-year PhD studentship for eligible students from low- or middle-income countries (LMICs) funded by NIHR.
This is part of a large global health system and policy research programme funded by NIHR examining health systems fragmentation in Latin America and India.
The Imperial College London Studentship Scholarship will contribute to knowledge generation on health system fragmentation through a range of research activities across four countries which have high levels of poverty and inequality: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and India.
The proposed research programme will contribute to quantifying the nature and variation of financing fragmentation in the four focus countries, investigating how financing fragmentation affects health system goals, including improved access and quality of health services at lower cost to patients, and evaluating the impact of key health system reforms on fragmentation and health system goals.
To be considered for the Imperial College of London Studentship, you must:
- meet the Imperial College PhD entry requirements
- hold or expect to obtain a first or upper-second class honours degree or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant subject (public health, epidemiology, health economics, health data science, health policy and planning, health financing) is highly advantageous.
- Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Job Recruitment 2022
- PAC Academy Graduate Trainee Program 2022 for Young Nigerians
- Access Bank Entry-Level Tech Recruitment 2022 for young graduates
Benefits and Duration
- The studentship will be funded for three years with a tax-free bursary of £22,000 per annum.
- Tuition fees, at the rate applicable to UK Home students, are covered by NIHR. Suitably qualified students non-eligible for home tuition fees are welcome to apply but will be responsible for paying the difference between the home and overseas fee rates.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- a one-page personal statement, and
- the names and addresses of at least two academic referees