Applications for the World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2022/2023 are now open. The program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work. The World Bank Group Africa fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution.
NB: While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, World Bank Group Africa fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
- YOTA Youth Innovation Challenge 2022 for Africans (win up to $5,000)
- World Bank Group #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
- Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards 2022 for Grassroot Initiatives & Organisations (€5,000)
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
- Phase I: A short-list of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
- Phase II: The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2023.
The deadline for applications for the World Bank Group Africa fellowship program is August 25, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit World Bank Group Africa Official Webpage