SickleInAfrica Research Fellowships 2022
The SickleInAfrica Consortium invites applications from eligible candidates for a three-year SickleInAfrica Research Fellowship position to assist in carrying out the cross-consortium research projects.
- The research fellows will be financially supported by SADaCC which is based in the Division of Human Genetics, Department of Pathology at the University of Cape Town (UCT) and is thus governed by UCT policies.
Other benefits include:
- Opportunity to work with a vibrant international team of experts on SCD
- Opportunity to network and receive mentorship
- Opportunity for hands-on training in research implementation, manuscript and grants writing
- Authorship in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Assist the PIs in conducting cross-consortium and site specific research projects
- Write research reports as required
- Attend consortium research meetings, both in-person and online.
- Be part of research site visits to other sites as per need
- Contribute to scientific manuscripts together with the research team.
- Present research outputs as requested by the research Principal Investigator.
- MBBS, Masters degree or Honours degree in the Biomedical Sciences or Epidemiology.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse team of researchers
- Excellent technical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Project/Research management skills
- Publication(s) in a peer-reviewed journal(s) will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Keen interest in epidemiology: implementation research and cohort studies
- Knowledgeable about Sickle Cell Disease and keen to learn
- Research methodology knowledge and skills
- Program evaluation knowledge and skills (if interested in Implementation Studies)
- Wilson Center Agents of Change Youth Fellowship 2022 for MENA Region
- Apple Summer Internships for Young Students Worldwide 2022
- UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize for the Promotion of Young Scientists in STEM (worth $50,000)
- Be available to start by 01 September, 2022
- Be available to work full-time for the duration of 3-years
- Be based in the country they will be working from. This includes: Ghana, Mali, Tanzania, Nigeria, Uganda, Zimbabwe/Zambia or South Africa
The deadline is on 22 July 2022
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the SickleInAfrica Research Fellowships 2022
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply