Applications are open for the Wilson Center Agents of Change Youth Fellowship 2022. Recognizing the significance of the MENA region when it comes to climate response and the potential for youth leadership in the region to shape a more sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for the world, the Wilson Center is launching an Agents of Change Youth Fellowship.
It is the first professional fellowship program for emerging leaders seeking meaningful careers at the intersection of climate change and security
The Wilson Center program for 2022 will span through 2023 and will have three components:
- Strengthening Analytic and Communications Skills: The fellowship will include capacity-building workshops in the areas of storytelling, environmental journalism/working with the media, working with policymakers and drafting policy briefs, and leadership skills.
- Speaker Series: The fellowship program will include a speaker series in the form of private discussions featuring leading subject-matter experts from the public and private sectors as well as a range of policymakers from the UAE and the region. Through these discussions, fellows will gain valuable insights into cutting-edge research and how to effectively communicate its relevance to public policy and other spheres of influence.
- Capstone Projects: The Agents of Change will be supported throughout the experience to identify, develop, and complete a final deliverable which draws from their project experience and provides a tangible step forward in their path toward impacting policy and action on climate, environment, and peace. Each fellow will produce a 3,000 word research paper accompanied by a short written or multimedia product. The Agents of Change Fellows will present and share their deliverables in a final convening. The Wilson Center will package and present selected projects externally.
- Global Youth Academy: Call for Membership 2022
- World Bank Group #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
- Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards 2022 for Grassroot Initiatives & Organisations (€5,000)
- Open to applicants from the MENA region with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a relevant field or a Master’s Degree, and a proven interest in pursuing a career in which they can incorporate issues related to climate change and peace.
- Fellows can be located in any geographic location with strong Internet access for conducting regular video conferences.
September 15, 2022
All applicants should complete an application form and provide a resume, cover letter, and a short response (400 words max) to the following question: How can countries in the Middle East work beyond borders to address the challenge of climate change? To complete the application form;
For more information: Visit Agents of Change Youth Fellowship 2022 Webpage