Applications are open for the Black Women in Science Fellowship 2022. Black Women in Science (BWIS) is an emerging researchers programme that aims to encourage women participation in STEM careers, technology, mentoring and education.
They do so by approaching the career of a scientist in a trans and inter-disciplinary manner. This meaning they aim to expose and contribute to the quality of science graduates entering the professional, business and academic sectors.
- You will be the first to know about all events, training courses and opportunities
- Admission into BWIS training courses
- Exclusive access to secret “BWIS Members Only” Facebook Network for you to connect and communicate with each other
- You get the opportunity to join events/programs affiliated to BWIS
- YOTA Youth Innovation Challenge 2022 for Africans (win up to $5,000)
- World Bank Group #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
- Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards 2022 for Grassroot Initiatives & Organisations (€5,000)
- Open to 3rd year and post-graduate students in a tertiary institution;
- Open to professionals with science-based occupations;
- Must be a Female;
- Must possess a higher education qualification in a scientific discipline;
- Must attend at least 80% BWIS training courses/events;
- Must be prepared to volunteer within the organisation if required;
- Must be prepared to participate in mentorship initiatives.
The deadline for Black Women in Science Fellowship application is not specified
The 2022 Black Women in Science Fellowship workshops will be conducted face to face/in person observing all COVID-19 regulations. If your application is successful, you will be shortlisted and receive a notification via email.
For more information: Visit Black women in science Fellowship Webpage