The World Water Challenge 2022 is now accepting applications. The World Water Challenge is a global competition for water solutions. It has been organized annually in connection with the Korea International Water Week (KIWW) as a follow-up activity to the 7th World Water Forum in 2015, with the goal of identifying pressing water challenges that the world is facing and finding feasible solutions to them.
World Water Challenge 2022 hold as one of the signature programs of KIWW 2022. This 8th edition of World Water Challenge is expected to serve its role as an important platform to share not only innovative scientific/technological method but also policy towards solving the defined water challenges around the world and to forge a broad network among the experts and stakeholders in water sector as well as the diverse pool of solution providers. Particularly, amid the ongoing COVID-19 situation around the world, WWCH 2022 will continue to deal with the special topic “Water and Health” selected last year along with five Main Topics to demonstrate a pathway to not only overcoming the current pandemic but also achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
World Water Challenge 2022 Benefits
- Winners will be presented with a cash prize and trophy:
- The best will receive up to 10,000,000 KRW (approx. $7,600 USD)
- The outstanding will receive up to 3,000,000 KRW (approx. $2,200 USD)
- Winners will have the chance to be invited to the WWCH showcase during the KIWW 2023 and/or the 10th World Water Forum to share their solutions with the experts from all around the world.
- The title of the awards and the amount of prize money are subject to change.
- If there is not qualified solutions for the “THE BEST” prize based on the decision of the evaluation committee, there may not be the winner of the year and/or type of award and prize money may change.
- WWCH 2022 Final Round will be held during the KIWW 2022.
World Water Challenge 2022 Eligibility
- Anyone (as individual or on behalf of an organization) who is interested in water is welcome to participate in the program.
- Persons (including winners) who participated once (and more) in the previous WWCH are allowed to participate in the WWHC 2022 with the different (or updated) subject and ideas. (Same contents or ideas with the previous contents, will not be considered.)
- Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence 2022/2023 (up to £20,000)
- Getty Pre and Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 for Emerging Scholars ($30,000)
World Water Challenge 2022 Application
Submitted solution proposals will be evaluated by the expert committee in accordance with the evaluation criteria and up to 10 selected solution providers will be invited to the final round during the KIWW 2022