World Bank Group #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
Over the next three years, a new World Bank regional education plan for Western and Central Africa specifies priority areas, guiding principles, and policy alternatives to assist countries in increasing access to education and enhancing learning quality. The strategy focuses on the similar difficulties within a vastly diverse region and encompasses all aspects of education, including formal and informal education, technical and vocational education, and higher education. It chooses interventions based on their potential to have the greatest impact in three years, drawing on lessons gained and best practices from the area and around the world.
The World Bank Group wants to hear from YOU! We are launching a poetry competition to showcase the importance of education and access to quality learning for young people in Western and Central Africa.
Share a creative, inspiring, and artistic 1-minute video of yourself reciting YOUR ORIGINAL POEM for the chance to get featured on our social media channels.
Through poetry, show and tell us how can education unlock you potential and/or impact your community?
World Bank Group Eligibility:
- A citizen of a Western & Central African member country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Equatorial, Liberia, Guinea, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo)
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old
- *We strongly encourage diverse, untraditional, and unheard voices to enter this competition
- *Bank staff including its consultants and their immediate family members, contractors and their employees are not eligible to participate.
- LEAP Africa Youth Day of Service 2022 In commemoration of International Youth Day
- Google Machine Learning Bootcamp 2022 for Young Africans
World Bank Group Application Deadline
World Bank Application Deadline: July 20, 2022
World Bank Group Video submission guidelines:
- Upload a 1-minute video of yourself reciting your original poem.
- Your poem should answer the question: how education can unlock your potential and/or impact your community.
- Record yourself in a quiet place (no music or background noise). Listen to your audio before you upload to make sure we can hear you well. No other persons are allowed in the video.
- Make sure the video is not shaky, the camera must be still while filming.
- Ensure your video is artistic, original, and creative. Videos must not have been previously published or used for a commercial purpose such as private sale or used in monetized platforms. All content to be used must be original, including any music.
- Do not add any graphics, text, or captions. If you need to perform your poem in sign language, you are welcome to do so.
- Film in landscape mode.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Bank Group #YouthActOnEDU Spoken Word Competition 2022
Never miss an opportunity Join our WHATSAPP 1OR WHATSAPP 2 0R WHATSAPP 3
Join our TELEGRAM GROUP OR TELEGRAM CHANNEL
Leave a Reply