These solutions are examples of climate resilient and transformative development models that bring multiple social and environmental benefits. They contribute to raising the ambition for the achievement of the 1.5 degree target by 2030. Winners of the Gender Just Climate Solutions awards are selected by a diverse group of jury members following open and transparent criteria, and are announced during an official, high-level ceremony at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP).
Benefits of the Award
- Winners of the solution awards receive a €5,000 monetary award, a chance to attend the COP, which will be held in Sharm el-Sheikh this year, and enter a long-term mentoring programme which helps them strengthen and upscale their outstanding actions.
- Runners-up projects are presented in a written publication, on organisers’ online platforms and at the awards ceremony during the COP.
- WARA/Mastercard Foundation Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships 2022
- LEAD Africa Youth day of Service 2022 in Commemoration of International Youth Day
- ACT Fellowship Program for Professionals 2023 (up to Rs. 50000 stipend)
- All types of activist, grassroots and women-led and gender equality organizations and groups working on issues related to climate change from all over the world are encouraged to apply.
- Only non-governmental initiatives are eligible (local or national government initiatives cannot be considered).
- The activity/initiative should either already have been completed or should be in current operation.
- The initiative must fit within one of the 3 award types of projects.
Winning initiatives are showcased across three different project types:
- Non-technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of efficiency, consumption changes, resilience and capacity building etc.)
- Technical – climate solutions with a women or gender perspective (e.g. in area of renewables, energy or adaptation technologies etc.)
- Transformational climate initiatives with a women or gender perspective (e.g. addressing governance, institutional / societal change etc.)
The deadline for application submission is on the 31st of July 2022
Submit your application through the following links:
Please note that you will have to create an account in order to participate on their official website.
For more information, visit Gender Just Climate Solutions Awards Official Webpage