Prince Claus Fund “Building Beyond” Mentorship Programme 2022
The Prince Claus Fund, in partnership with the Creative Industries Fund NL, is inviting artists to submit applications for its Building Beyond Mentorship programme. Building Beyond Mentorship is an alternative educational programme aimed at fostering thought leadership, promoting criticality and reframing design-based practices.
- Apply for the Prince Claus Fund if You have ±5-12 years of relevant professional experience;
- You are from, living, registered and working in Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Egypt, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Chad, South Africa, or South-Sudan;
- And you are an emerging artist, designer, creative, or thinker whose individual practice relates to design, public space, architecture, activism, policy, and the digital space.
- WARA/Mastercard Foundation Ideas Matter Doctoral Fellowships 2022
- LEAD Africa Youth day of Service 2022 in Commemoration of International Youth Day
- ACT Fellowship Program for Professionals 2023 (up to Rs. 50000 stipend)
- The programme consists of peer group sessions, masterclasses and two mentoring intensives in the form of Lab Weeks – one on the African continent and one in the Netherlands – where there will be opportunities for exchange and to build participants’ network in different scenes.
- In addition to this, each participant receives an award of €10 000 (about $10 400) and guidance from mentors to work on the concept for a body of work that is outlined in their application.
- The Creative Industries Fund-NL and the Prince Claus Fund cover the costs related to the mentorship programme itself, including travel expenses, visa costs, and accommodation during travel. Participants are responsible for their own travel insurance.
The following criteria are used for assessing applications:
- Original: the applicant work for the Prince Claus Fund must be innovative and artistically interesting
- Transformative: the work engages with pressing social/political issues, is challenging and thought-provoking, and aims to create lasting change
- Context-specific: the work is important in and relevant to the local context
- Inclusive: the work is linked to the ultimate aim of more inclusive societies, connecting people in ways that resist marginalisation, oppression and division
- Impactful: the award will make a real difference to the professional development, engagement and impact of the individual’s practice
- Potential to Accelerate: the individual has the potential to become a leader in the field, the work is engaged and focused on relevant social issues within context
The deadline for application is on August 4th 2022
- Create an account on the Prince Claus Awards Platform and start a new submission for the Prince Claus Fund Mentorship Award: Building Beyond
- Fill in all required fields and attachments. You can save the application and complete it later up until the deadline.
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation once your submission has been successfully received in the Prince Claus Awards Platform
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Prince Claus Find Mentorship Programme 2022