The Kader Asmal Postgraduate Fellowship Programme is a fully-funded scholarship opportunity offered to South African students to study at Master’s level in Ireland’s world-renowned Higher Education Institutions.
- Applicants for the Kader Asmal Postgraduate Fellowship must be a South Africa.
- Eligible courses are in areas such as agriculture, health, education, human rights, computer science, engineering, business and more, and are listed in a Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering)
- Hold an honours’ level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 75% – i.e. a first class honour, or second class honour, grade 1 (in some cases a second class honour grade 2 may be accepted).
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2022/23.
- Be appliying to commence a new course at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August/September 2023.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country.
- Have identified and selected two relevant courses from the Ireland Fellows Programme Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for both courses chosen.
- Must not have applied for the Kader Asmal Postgraduate Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Kader Asmal Postgraduate Fellowship in the academic year 2023/2024
- LEAD Africa Youth day of Service 2022 in Commemoration of International Youth Day
- ACT Fellowship Program for Professionals 2023 (up to Rs. 50000 stipend)
- Capitec Bank Graduate Development Programme for Young South Africans 2023
Please note: applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible.
Benefits of Scholarship
The Kader Asmal Postgraduate Fellowship will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
The deadline for application submission is on August 12, 2022