Submit entries for the Green Stories Short Story Competition 2022. This is a targeted competition aimed at using an engaging fictional story to help readers understand how over-cleaning and misinformation about bacteria can mean that we can end up killing our bodies ‘good’ bacteria through over-use of harsh cleaning products.
Your challenge is to write a short story (between 1000 and 3000 words) that helps to raise awareness and shift attitudes, especially for those people who assume that the more detergent the better.
Prize worth for the Green Stories Short Story Competition
- The main prize for the winner is £500 or the local currency equivalent! They hope to offer additional runner up prizes for the finalists.
- Coal City University Essay Contest 2022 for Nigerian Students
- Flutterwave Internship Programme for Young Graduates
- UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022 for Nigerian Startups & Innovators
Eligibility Criteria for the Green Stories Short Story Competition
- Open to all – they encourage international writers.
- You must be over 18.
- Your entry must be in English and unpublished.
- Your entry must promote eco-friendly cleaning practices (directly or indirectly) or address misinformation about bacteria and cleaning.
- Your entry is between 1000 and 3000 words, includes about 200 words on your thinking behind your approach and how your story meets the criteria. Submit as one PDF/word document.
- The title of the document is the title of the story.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Well written, engaging story between 1000 and 3000 words
- Promotes eco-friendly cleaning practices (directly or indirectly) or addresses misinformation about bacteria and cleaning.
Application process for the Green Stories Short Story Competition
For more information, visit Green Stories Writing Competition 2022