The UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022 is now accepting applications. The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) is a UNIDO-led program supported by the Global Environment Facility (GEF) that promotes cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental concerns.
Climate change is a worldwide issue that requires immediate attention. At the same time, demand for resources and energy remains high, particularly in rising markets and developing economies. The restricted adoption of cleantech advances can hinder a country’s capacity to realize its promise for low-carbon growth. Adopting breakthrough clean technologies that do not jeopardize economic and industrial development is vital for climate action.
While cleantech Innovators have limitless potential for new ideas, they often find it difficult to bring their solutions to market. Cleantech Innovators and Startups often face serious barriers to commercializing ideas and scaling up their startups. Lack of technical support, limited access to funding, weak cleantech ecosystem, weak policy regulatory environment, and institutional barriers among others have kept most innovators in the “Valley of death”.
GCIP bridges this “valley of death” by providing competition-based business acceleration services for innovative cleantech start-ups and SMEs, linking enterprises to private sector investors and fostering enabling innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems.
UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022 Benefits
- Access to high-impact capacity building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders.
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey.
- Access to capital through relationship with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions .
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases.
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages.
- Connection with large scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations.
- Shell Graduate Programme 2022 for young Nigerian Graduates
- Andrew Adeniyi Scholarship Grant 2022 for Low-Income Nigerian Students
UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022 Eligibility
- Open to all Nigerian based cleantech startups and innovators;
- Startups should have:
- An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
- A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Green Buildings
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation Programme 2022 Application Deadline
Application deadline for startups is July 21, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.